PDA

View Full Version : Air Asia X

Meccano
28th Sep 2010, 16:10
They are recruiting A330 Captains at present - but the offer is substantially below the terms at other regional carriers hiring experienced A330 skippers. The deal does not seem to interest the A330 Captains at MAS. The guarenteed income is low (13K RM), and taxable, and on a scale with no movement for 4 years. It will not attract foreign Captains wishing to commute or base nearer to homes abroad because these are not options.Yet there is no accomodation allowance included.

Can anyone enlighten me - how do they expect to fill the vacancies coming over the next few years?
19 A330's on order!
Can they do it by internal promotion? They seem to have very few experienced A330 F/O's suitable for Command. They could possibly CCQ from the 320, but the LHS experience on both fleets will be quickly diluted.

Whats the magic answer to this dilemma?

320busdriver
28th Sep 2010, 18:21
No magic my friend interestingly upper management does not seem perturbed in the slightest with the diminishing work force at X. The scenario you have is that a lot of the CCQ guys are rejecting X because the pay is better on the 320 fleet and that alot of people are genuinely worried X will fail and if they commit to X and if it does fail they might not get their jobs back and even if they get their jobs back on the 320 they will have to start back at the bottom:ugh:
Heard 2 capts left, if this continues they might have to go into michael O`leary mode and have the flight attentands fly:D
So to answer your post i really think its going to be an uphill struggle to man the fleet, there are too many better paying positions opening up elsewhere, Good luck

GlueBall
28th Sep 2010, 22:56
go into michael O`leary mode

. . . I'm willing to bet that MOL is having to pay captains a lot more than just RM13,000 = USD $4,200, £2,664, €3,103 . . . per month. :{

B772
29th Sep 2010, 01:10
GlueBall

Have you lost the plot ?. Apart from Meccano making no reference to O'Leary; 320busdriver did not mention money, merely that O'Leary has suggested a flight attendant could be a copilot for the take-off and landing.

Old Parr
29th Sep 2010, 04:51
Not easy to post anything coherent after six packs, hick, hick, hick!

Easy to man the A330, call our patriotic ex MAS guys from the sandpit and kimchiland. Do foreign basing like BNE, AKL, ADL etc........think outside the tempurung!

Meccano
29th Sep 2010, 05:28
I heard they won't do bases abroad. So thats a non runner.
Commuting contracts might work - but this is very new territory for LCC's, am I not correct? It doesn't really match the model, to give employees 2 weeks off in a row every month or so.

Getting dissafected Malaysian pilots back from the sandpit could be a good plan. But unless the guys are really unhappy there and wanna come home - the only thing that'll pull them back surely is M O N E Y.

By the way, I also heard the total offer is like 30K RM per month (Gross) after all flight pay is included. But this is of course not guarenteed, and if you are on leave you get no flight pay, so you lose more than half your income.
Not very attractive IMHO. Especially as better offers are available (as 320driver said).

I just don't get it. They better think fast - while there are still some guys out there looking for jobs.

Sunstar320
29th Sep 2010, 08:11
Anyone know what the hell are they paying cabin crew? :eek:

a345xxx
29th Sep 2010, 09:36
Judging by the reports here... if they are paying their pilots peanuts i would guess in the region of half a peanut? :)

scandicstar
11th Oct 2010, 19:57
Well, I ve heard that Flt Attendants at AAX are getting more more money than the FOs on the 320.

scandicstar
11th Oct 2010, 20:03
Well having said, TF is now not so focused.:rolleyes: His heart and mind now is with Lotus Team and the world of motor sports. Maybe diversifying in case of.....:ouch:

duyentranvan
12th Oct 2010, 16:28
scandicstar is right.The girls are making more money than the copilots on the 320.TF is a conman. he will rape u without you knowing.

tomohark
21st Oct 2010, 07:09
Looking for information on the interview.
Written Exam, Interview, Sim, medical , etc etc.
Is there a tech exam, what is it based on, Regulations, FCOM for Airbus, TEC ETC.
Any information would be...