PDA

View Full Version : Ferry advice: Djibouti, Yemen, Oman and Iran

TrT
27th Sep 2010, 17:47
Hi all,

Any one with some info/tips etc about a ferry through Djibouti, Yemen, Oman and Iran.......

whatsarunway
27th Sep 2010, 19:28
Pm me, did a similar trip recently, it's all in the planning !

spinwing
28th Sep 2010, 00:00
Mmmm ...

My advice ...... DON'T DO IT! :ugh::ugh::ugh:

whatsarunway
28th Sep 2010, 09:48
Yeah, what I meant was , let somebody else do the planning !

Decide, delegate and disappear !

krypton_john
28th Sep 2010, 11:00
Avoid RPG fire.

Foggy Bottom
29th Sep 2010, 00:00
Take a good camera! Some of the most starkly beautiful country in the world! Never been to Djibouti, but worked in the rest of the countries.

piggybank
29th Sep 2010, 09:23
Yemen is good for pictures, but do remember the authorities frown on photography in many areas. If you get a chance to get into Sanaa get to the market, you will be impressed with what you see and the pictures you can take. I found the people very friendly and open.

Peter-RB
29th Sep 2010, 12:12
Take a couple of buddies with ya, prefer Indians, to be more exact Apaches, with plenty o provisions, ..

If not then dont go, incase you cannot hear this Mx

DONT GO ! :=

PeterR-B

whatsarunway
29th Sep 2010, 15:56
Peter , have you no sense of adventure ?? :E

Foggy Bottom
29th Sep 2010, 23:17
Take a co-pilot with you from India. If you are kidnapped enroute, they will let the Indian pilot go and he can tell everyone where you are...

When Gulf Helicopters had a contract in Yemen, one of their helicopters was hijacked while doing a pipeline survey. The pilot who was from India was immediatly released. Why, you ask? Because, as the kidnappers said, "No one will pay ransome for an Indian".

Not making this up...

Soave_Pilot
29th Sep 2010, 23:25
I wouldnt do it if I were an American or European... not being prejudicious, just with all this sh$% going on, they would love to have some media report.