PDA

View Full Version : Flight Training Aust at AF

ratso
27th Sep 2010, 10:08
Am hearing all sort of rumours and rumblings ...Is FTA at AF still
trading...couple of their aircraft seem to have been taken back by the owners. Hangar doors shut at odd times???

mikel
28th Sep 2010, 01:54
If it is indeed true then I would have to say... Farewell FTA and God bless all who sailed in her!!

Iceberg.....Did somebody say Iceberg? ding ding ding all engines full astern!!!!

ravan
28th Sep 2010, 02:16
.... and the iceberg's name was PB!!!!

Grogmonster
28th Sep 2010, 09:49
I hear that it it all over. Mind you that is second hand information. However its from a good source. Can't say I am surprised. It will do wonders for the Aussie reputation with O/S students who I presume will loose everything as usual. It never ceases to amaze me how the wheel continues to turn and we see the same thing happen over and over with the same people causing the end result. Good old G.A. alive and well.

Groggy

mikel
28th Sep 2010, 20:33
Nice point Grogmonster... Worse still think about Archerfield itself... If it does happen it’s no good for the airfield at all. Not to mention any potential follow on effects for the other operators on the field doing the right thing by staff and student/customer alike!

VH-FTS
29th Sep 2010, 08:07
Like Flight One huh Mike?

MCKES
29th Sep 2010, 10:57
TOMAHAWKS get ya tomahawks come grab a bargain folks we've got tired ones worn ones even a few flying ones.......

mikel
29th Sep 2010, 22:34
Old mate FTS... No it won’t have any impact on me or our little show "down the road" seeming as we were not any real competition at all e.g. no int'l students. We also, on purpose chose not to shoot for the bottom $ so as to provide a more personal boutique style experience with, the most experienced pilots on the field by far...So I don't see how we or me for that matter ever was/were in competition Chalk and cheese if you ask me...Now that you have said it, Flight One will of course welcome any domestic students looking for advice and a chat. We are not temporally closed!!!

VH-FTS
29th Sep 2010, 23:29
If it does happen it’s no good for the airfield at all. Not to mention any potential follow on effects for the other operators on the field doing the right thing by staff and student/customer alike!

No it won’t have any impact on me or our little show "down the road" seeming as we were not any real competition at all e.g. no int'l students.

Now that you have said it, Flight One will of course welcome any domestic students looking for advice and a chat.

A few mixed messages there. Do you or do you not want their doors to close?

mikel
30th Sep 2010, 02:54
I in no way want their doors to close, never said that... Careful editing of paragraphs can be led to say almost anything those posts are a day apart... My hat's off to you Sean for going down with the ship (If it does go that way) with your head held high you'll be tougher for the experience… I’d like to say let’s move on nothing more intelligent can be said about the topic! I’m out….

rwy01
30th Sep 2010, 05:08
Big statements being made here, maybe you should ask Su Av who's AOC you are using because you can't get your own about making comments about other schols on the airfield. They might take offence to that and remove that privlage which will ledto you closing your doees as well.:cool:

megle2
30th Sep 2010, 07:24
I haven't noticed any big statements.

atminimums
1st Oct 2010, 12:41
Rumours swing both ways, people.

I have heard that FTA have put the hand up for the Griffith Uni. flight training affiliation. Surely only FTA and AAA are capable.

Winner to be announced soon.

mins :cool:

chance
3rd Oct 2010, 01:02
FTA staff have been looking elsewhere for jobs, so its hard to see GU picking FTA if there is no staff to operate the business. A buyout seems the only option left for FTA.

loopnloop
4th Oct 2010, 08:22
Seems that the Indian and Chinese students turn up each day to locked doors. Someone from the company should let them know what is happening. :hmm:

Charlie Foxtrot India
4th Oct 2010, 08:47
I wonder is it chicken or egg with the overseas students/doors closing routine we see all over the world? Is it only the shaky ones who take on the students, or does the work of training these students bring an otherwise healthy business down?

It'salways seemed like a very tricky business model to me...relying on cash flow from overseas, hmm.

longrass
4th Oct 2010, 12:48
Wonder if $50 k would buy the FTA name?

Worrals in the wilds
4th Oct 2010, 12:55
As an add-on to CFI's question, what are current foreign student numbers like in aviation post GFC? The unis are still chockers with foreigners, is this the case with flight training or is the market shrinking?
It's always seemed like a very tricky business model to me...relying on cash flow from overseas, hmm.
There's also a big stack of cultural issues to deal with, not to mention the paperwork. I've wondered the same thing.

Rich-Fine-Green
4th Oct 2010, 22:30
If True;
Not a good finish to one of the bigger and older flight schools in this country.....
As I recall, this school started as Fyfes.

ravan
5th Oct 2010, 01:14
RFG ... it did indeed start as Fyfes. 25 odd years of input from some very good people to build the reputation and company and 3 years to take it all down. Sad really.

megle2
5th Oct 2010, 02:38
Qld Flying Services ( and Rex - not the current REX ) were there before Fyfe's.
May not be linked but were in the same building.
Where is Al these days?

chance
8th Oct 2010, 04:48
FTA apparently went into Voluntary Administration this morning. All FTA staff members employment has been terminated. So the Chinese and Indian Students will have to go elsewhere unless the Administrators can sell the business and they can stay on if a buyer can be found. This could of course take a fair while and no certainity of it so not a good day all round.

C82R
8th Oct 2010, 07:28
A VERY sad day indeed. The staff are generally always the ones who suffer first especially when they haven't been paid for a month The loss of FTA will leave a very big hole in the operations at AF airport which will be detrimental to the remainder of the operators and tennants.

There will no doubt be some light shed next week after the recivers/ liquidators have had the opportunity to review the books.:{

bizzybody
8th Oct 2010, 08:06
pb Still has one more AOC with flying school ops under his wing...it wont be the last we hear of him

Dangly Bits
8th Oct 2010, 08:28
Just goes to show that the Big Mouth doesn't know everything! Very sad indeed. I bet the Aero Club/AAA will be happy though.

LMNOP
8th Oct 2010, 09:02
Yep game, set, match I believe:

ASIC Free Company Name Search (http://www.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bin/gns030c?acn=127_588_701&juris=9&hdtext=ACN&srchsrc=1)

Rich-Fine-Green
9th Oct 2010, 21:06
DB:
I bet the Aero Club/AAA will be happy though.

I know what your trying to say but no one in the industry will be pleased to see FTA fall over (following the three big schools in Sydney and the planned closure of Brindabella"s flying school in CB).

vigi-one
18th Oct 2010, 21:36
So is it finally over for FTA and PB? Can anyone definately confirm.

Ozzie Mozzie
19th Oct 2010, 04:04
well, the locksmiths were there on monday last week changing all the locks, the fta pilot supplies shop is no longer open and aaa are parking their aircraft where fta's used to be

Going Nowhere
19th Oct 2010, 11:53
Seems as though most of the FTA fleet has changed to a new owner last week

CARPE DIEM SUPER PTY LTD

Coincidence?

megle2
19th Oct 2010, 23:06
DRP CESSNA 310R 310R1557 6/10/2010 CARPE DIEM SUPER PTY
LTD
PO Box 608,
SPRING HILL
QLD 4004
Date: 10 September 2010
ACCESS AVIATION PTY
LTD
PO Box 608,
SPRING HILL
QLD 4004
Date: 10 September 2010

Access had a AOC, maybe another chapter to go?

vigi-one
19th Oct 2010, 23:39
Access Aviation is this PB reincarnated?

megle2
20th Oct 2010, 00:08
Selective description taken from a Google search

•Carpe diem is a phrase from a Latin poem by Horace (See section below). It is popularly translated as "seize the day". Carpe means "pick, pluck, pluck off, gather"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpe_diem

davidclarke
20th Oct 2010, 02:06
I like pringles

C82R
21st Oct 2010, 04:32
Did anyone attend the creditors meeting yesterday? Will FTA survive?

megle2
22nd Oct 2010, 22:48
All the lights on last night and plenty of parked cars.
Must be still alive.

Ando1Bar
23rd Oct 2010, 00:18
He seems to have more lives than a cat - he'll be back.

C82R
23rd Oct 2010, 23:22
The Aviation Aviation Club obviously still meets there on Friday nights. It will be interesting to see where they go if the new occupiers of bulding 25 want them out.

With the old Sunland building and Hempels building next to it set for demolition shortly there won't be many suitable locations left.

loopnloop
26th Oct 2010, 05:59
A search of ASIC records show that the director of Carpe Diem Super is someone who has the same name as the owner of FTA. Course could be a mere coincidence.:hmm:

Flying Bear
5th Nov 2010, 12:51
For those with an interest in the matter, it would seem as though PB has submitted an application to the Court to divorce himself of the liabilities of FTA.

For the creditors this means essentially that he will personally walk away intact despite his destruction of the place, no strings attached, with whatever he has shuffled off into super funds, etc and all the Company staff owed money / super, etc and other creditors will get is the pickings of the FTA assets - of which there is SFA besides a clapped out C340...

Kinda funny how it works - no responsibility for his actions leaving others to carry the financial hurt and I'm sure his view looks great from the QANTAS Airbus cockpit...

Dangly Bits
5th Nov 2010, 12:56
How the he'll can he do that? Something wrong with the legal system if that is the case!

Might have just answered my own question.

Hang your head in shame PB. Hang your head in shame!

C82R
5th Nov 2010, 23:16
No one can just walk away and you can't take any action through the courts that can absolve you of any responsability especially when there is potenially criminal activity involved. Given the total amount owing to staff and other creditors including the tax office there will be no walking away from this mess.

seat1A
9th Nov 2010, 05:53
The FTA website is still up and running, they must be hoping for a buyer? No mention of PB on there though :hmm:

go the lions
21st Nov 2010, 23:15
He will be back to take more money from people:ouch:. He is good at that.:E

ozbiggles
22nd Nov 2010, 00:28
Maybe a good idea for PPRUNE would be to put a cooling off period on proby posters? eg When you sign up don't let them post anything for a few days?
Might save some people from $$$$$$$ legal bills?

bizzybody
22nd Nov 2010, 01:44
fine ill say it then

He will be back to take more money from peoplehttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/shiner.gif. He is good at that.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/evil.gif

mates rates
23rd Nov 2010, 21:42
the rumour is the chinese have bought FTA.They will pay the major creditors (read the banks) to take over the existing buidlings etc.

Dnav31
27th Nov 2010, 16:00
And again, and again, and again. For some reason, these guys never die....

mates rates
27th Nov 2010, 22:53
And PB is said to be a "consultant" for the new operation !!

seavenom
14th Dec 2010, 04:46
The doors look to be open again. Hope they can get their act together and get students and instructors into planes and flying which is the only way it will work.

MakeItHappenCaptain
15th Dec 2010, 10:39
And PB is said to be a "consultant" for the new operation !!

Told definitely not!

puff
15th Dec 2010, 13:51
Apparently starting small - overseas students only to begin with, airsupport pilot shop also not reopening.

Interesting times as always at Archerfield Industrial Park.