PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on flyingexam.com

NineInchSnail
27th Sep 2010, 09:09
Hi Folks,

This ATPL database is really cheap but there is no explanations at all for the questions, and god knows that sometimes we need a little bit of explanation to figure out how we ended up to the correct answer to some messed up question!!!

Any feedback from guys who used them?

Thanks

wheelbarrow warrior
2nd Oct 2010, 19:42
Its a good site, I used it a couple of years ago when I had to re-take General Nav and didn't want to pay 50 quid to Bristol just for one exam! The Gen Nav database was great and got me through no probs (92%).. dunno about the other subjects though.

Regarding explanations, I had difficulty with a couple of the distance / time etc questions (still do to be honest!) so I emailed them and got a couple of good explanations, which really helped.

Pom pom
3rd Oct 2010, 09:11
I've just started using it and after a few teething troubles am now getting on fine with it. I didn't particularly like the "letterbox" view that appears for some questions. I e-mailed my concerns to the company and got a quick and helpful response - they are addressing this issue, but they also suggested viewing the pages in a specifically designed mobile format (option on log on page), which I prefer anyway. And this is great for doing a quick test on your mobile phone if you've got a few minutes spare! The pages are quick to load, as are pop-ups, and flow freely.

The site isn't fancy (though it says they are upgrading some of the statistics features), but it is very usable - it is a bank of questions, which is what it's supposed to be, isn't it? There are very few explanations, but I prefer that as it makes me get my books out and read not just the very specific bits relating to a particular question but the areas around it too - surely better for overall understanding, which is what I want when I'm flying.

I have no experience of other QBs, so cannot compare, but at £9.99 for 100 days (special offer on at the moment) I think it is excellent value and, for me, it adds another dimension to my studying which keeps me interested without dominating other resources.

Hope that was of some help. PP :8