PDA

View Full Version : Airservices Australia - Where is NAIPS after XP?

tio540
26th Sep 2010, 01:57
Okay, time is up Airservices Australia. When will you release NAIPS for a computer built after the year 2002? Should I go to ebay and buy an IBM XT instead.?

tio540
26th Sep 2010, 02:23
The software installs, then crashes half way through. This occurs on Vista and Windows 7 systems.

In their core Vision and Strategy they talk about future innovation, when I just need last years technology to catch up with today!

Airservices Australia

Our Vision

Airservices Australia will be an efficient provider of air traffic management (http://www.pprune.org/howatcworks/default.asp) and aviation rescue and fire fighting services (http://www.pprune.org/facilities/arff/default.asp) with an international reputation for excellence in safety, innovation and environmental performance.
Our Challenges

Delivering Excellent Core Performance - we will continue to meet our regulatory and legislated obligations and to improve the quality and cost-effectiveness of our core services
Building a High Achieving Organisation - we will develop our people, leadership and capabilities
Delivering the Future - we will meet the challenges of the future and position for next generation innovation and technology.

PPRuNeUser0163
26th Sep 2010, 02:25
Easy solution guys..

install the naips exe on a xp computer if you have access to one? surely you do somehow .. save everything to a usb and then just copy all the files over..

worked for me.. i even tried compatibility mode in vista/7 and that didnt work

Steve888
26th Sep 2010, 02:25
I have Windows 7, the XP version of NAIPS available on the Airservices website works perfectly for me.

If you're having trouble, try running it in XP compatibility mode.

morno
26th Sep 2010, 02:30
I use NAIPS on Windows 7 with no problems at all.

morno

tio540
26th Sep 2010, 02:32
Airservices website still reads:-

The NAIPS Internet Access Client program will run on the following operating systems:

Windows 95
Windows 98
Windows NT
Windows 2000
Windows ME
Windows XPNote: The program has currently not been certified to operate under Windows Vista and may not install or run correctly.

Never mind Windows 7 which they don't even mention.

Metro man
26th Sep 2010, 03:24
Isn't there some way of running it in a compatibility mode on a newer system ?

Johnny_56
26th Sep 2010, 05:56
I have it running on Windows 7, works fine

The Green Goblin
26th Sep 2010, 10:24
Works fine on Vista for me!

Fat_Bulldog
26th Sep 2010, 10:38
I had the same issues, would come up with an error halfway through the installation on my Windows 7 computer. I did what nkand mentioned, copied a already installed naips from an XP computer to my USB stick, and then copied it onto my Windows 7 computer. Works fine now.

coneyisland
26th Sep 2010, 10:56
oh dear.... this is the very least of Airservices problems let me assure you !

startingout
26th Sep 2010, 11:39
After XP? It's called IOS4 and it works perfectly :D

Charlie Foxtrot India
26th Sep 2010, 12:12
No luck on Windows 7 but works fine on the iphone 3GS and you can update it as you go along

YMEN
26th Sep 2010, 13:09
Is this what happened at Virgin Blue too? :ugh:

Seriously, work fine on my Windows 7 and XP

ForkTailedDrKiller
29th Sep 2010, 08:22
I use NAIPS on Windows 7 with no problems at all.

How do you do that? I can't get it to run on my Windows 7 computer. Just aborts when I try to set it up.

Dr :8

Mr. Hat
29th Sep 2010, 08:51
Forkie get anything that has windows on it and throw it in the bin.

Jober.as.a.Sudge
29th Sep 2010, 09:34
...get anything that has windows on it and throw it in the bin.

Couldn't agree more!!! :ok:

Mine got the heave-ho last week (after 30+ years of MS) in favour of a bright & shiny new Macbook Pro! So far the experience has been nothing less than stellar!!! I have no hesitation at all recommending the change to anyone considering it.

ForkTailedDrKiller
29th Sep 2010, 10:48
Forkie get anything that has windows on it and throw it in the bin.

.... and NAIPS runs just fine on your MacToy, huh?

Dr :8

Mr. Hat
29th Sep 2010, 11:10
Don't know haven't tried. If its like everything else on the Mac..it just works.

Capt Thunderbolt
29th Sep 2010, 11:50
Try right clicking the program and select "Run as Administrator". If this does not work turn off any virus or spyware programs, restart your computer and stay off the net. Try to install or run the program. These are some of the things I have done, when I have problems with programs on Vista.

QSK?
29th Sep 2010, 22:58
Didn't I read somewhere that Airservices were no longer going to develop and provide a Windows based NAIPS application; instead just relying on pilots accessing NAIPS through the internet?