PDA

View Full Version : Looking for DC battery box in Adl

aussiefan
25th Sep 2010, 13:24
I have a David clark headset that I need to test to see if it works.

I need the battery box and the twin GA plugs. I am happy to meet someone, preferably at parafield and should only take a few minutes.

It is the 9v battery pack.

I want t make sure it all works before buying the $120 plus part from the US.

VH-XXX
25th Sep 2010, 13:44
If you are merely talking about the battery box for the 9v costing $120, don't bother. Is that what you are referring to?

If so just go to Jaycar or similar and pick up some bits to make it yourself. You could buy a box, soldering iron, switch, heatshrink and a battery for circa $20.

aussiefan
26th Sep 2010, 06:08
Good thought but it the plug is about 7 pins from the headset and a different size going to the twin plugs, bit more complicated than Jaycar would do.

I have not seen the box in person but it looks a bit bigger than a cigarette pack.

VH-XXX
26th Sep 2010, 10:36
There are only 2 wires going into the box (or at least only 2 are required), positive and negative for the 9v battery. They just use a plug with more pins so as to allow for future development perhaps. If you cut the plug off the wire it likely has only 2 wires in it, but even if it had more it wouldn't be hard to find which is positive and negative and just go from there with your own funky box design.

Mine has one large wire coming out of the headset that splits into 2 and goes to the audio jacks and it has a seperate thinner wire coming out of the headset that goes to the battery box. I assume we are referring to the same thing, but we may not be.