View Full Version : Cessna 210 rewire Uganda

BarnacleBill
25th Sep 2010, 12:58
Hi All

We have a Cessna 210 urgently in need of a complete rewire in Uganda. Trouble is we can't find anyone here to do it...

Does anyone know of someone who might want to come out for a few weeks to Uganda on a freelance basis, please.

Perhaps a working holiday in E Africa?

no-hoper
26th Sep 2010, 23:27
Hi Bill,
Aircraft,job and location are not realy something i need for my career.
But try to advert at www.aviationjobsearch.com (http://www.aviationjobsearch.com).
A lot contractors are visiting this side.
Plan "B":
Remove all wires from the genny.Disconnect the ground from the magnetos.Remove the battery.Take a battery powered radio and gps on board.(may be an elt as well).
Start the engine by hand and fly to the next airport with service.
Good luck !
If you need details how to get the 210 running after something like smoke behind the dash,let me know...

Doodlebug
27th Sep 2010, 09:12
Barnacle,

The closest 210 experts are probably the guys in Windhoek, Namibia. They might be persuaded to send someone. I'll see if I can get hold of somebody to contact you. PM me an email address or number.

BarnacleBill
28th Sep 2010, 17:15
Thanks for the advice, guys. Ideally would like to find a competent kinda chap who'd like a working hol...

Other option is to wheel her into the swamp on the other side of the runway!

Real nightmare, finding competent avionics/electrics people in this part of Africa.

There was a stab at setting up an avionics shop... we even used them, but 6 months later and they have buggered off and we are short of one radio in one of our Fujis... thank God it wasn't a 430 from the PC 12!

Doodlebug
28th Sep 2010, 17:57
Mm, methinks you want a cheap job? Can't say I blame you, aircraft eat money. Do let me know if you decide to push the poor thing into a swamp, I'll take leave, come down there and give her a new home! :}

BarnacleBill
1st Oct 2010, 09:59
Nah! Not looking for a cheap job. Looking for a good job! Quite willing to pay the going rate.

Just trying to induce someone competent to come over to Uganda...

Tango Lima Charlie
1st Oct 2010, 11:45
Howzit BarnacleBill,

I maybe very interested the only problem is I reside in Western Australia. I am sure you may find someone regionally but if you come unstuck give me a shout.

Cheers.

BarnacleBill
6th Oct 2010, 08:39
TLC, thanks for the offer, but I think that we're sorted.

Problem now is to deal with our CAA...