PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect title on booking

The late XV105
25th Sep 2010, 11:06
Spelling mistakes of passenger names has been done to death, but I can't find a conclusive, factual, statement when it comes to incorrect titles.

Despite checking and re-checking before pressing "confirm", my Czech mother-in-law's Ryanair booking says "Mr" instead of "Mrs" for her impending return flights to and from UK. Her first and surnames are spelled absolutely correctly.

Log in to "Manage my booking" and a title change costs the same one hundred Euro as a passenger name change because both are included in the same "change" option.

Given however that the Czech identity card that she will use for proof of identity does not include any title (like a passport, it only says "F" for female), I tend to think the title error has no significance.

Correct?

Facts please - not opinions! ;)

TVM

boardingpass
25th Sep 2010, 11:47
Just tell her to wear a tracksuit (not pink), no make up or jewelry. Old people look very androgynous - especially mother in laws. Once she's on board she can put her face on.
If anyone questions her at the gate or security - say she's beginning a sex reassignment procedure and to contact the Anti-discrimination authority.

PAXboy
25th Sep 2010, 12:29
With a title of boardingpass - that must count as the definitive answer.

(Could not resist, I'm on holiday in less than 24 hours!) :p

Lotpax
25th Sep 2010, 12:54
From Ryanair's Conditions if Carriage

3.1.1 We will provide carriage only to the Passenger named in the Ticket. You will be required to produce valid travel documentation.If that person arrives at the check in, with a valid ID card or passport that states only 1st and 2nd name, who are Ryanair to challenge whether that person describes themselves as Mr or Mrs on the ticket, since the names exactly match the travel document?

PS: no point asking for facts, as there are n't any, only opinions.

Capot
25th Sep 2010, 13:07
Here's a fact...

British Airways, bless its timewarp, offers a rich selection of titles reflecting the class structure and snobbery that's still such an important part of our national life, so I can never resist the temptation to choose one that's much more interesting than plain "Mr".

So I have travelled as Sir, Prof., Dr., Lord, Capt., Rev., and on one occasion when I was in a hurry and clicked on the wrong choice, Dame.

Never made a blind bit of difference. Since I always book the cheapest fare, perhaps that's no surprise.

The fact is that you can call yourself what you like, and no airline can deny that right. You are whatever you want to be; the title is not the name.

The late XV105
25th Sep 2010, 13:09
Thanks for the factual confirmations of what I thought :)

Q-RTF-X
26th Sep 2010, 02:58
Recently traveled MNL/AUH/LHR and return (aircraft/flight number change in AUH) on EY with a wrong designation on eticket. Seemed not to matter a damn, most important seemed to be that I had the same credit card I originally bought the ticket with.

Q-RTF-X
26th Sep 2010, 03:09
Recently traveled MNL/AUH/LHR and return (aircraft/flight number change in AUH) on EY with a wrong designation on eticket. Seemed not to matter a damn, most important seemed to be that I had the same credit card I originally bought the ticket with.

etrang
27th Sep 2010, 06:38
So I have travelled as Sir, Prof., Dr., Lord, Capt., Rev.,

I think i'll try this on my next journey. I probably won't use as many titles as you, Capot. But I quite fancy being Sir Lord Professor for a day.

al446
27th Sep 2010, 19:41
Pity we can't designate our own, "the late" would probably fox check-in somewhat

Hartington
27th Sep 2010, 23:10
Try "The Dowager Lady"