PDA

View Full Version : Douglas A-20J Havoc

Bwana
24th Sep 2010, 14:03
Does anyone know where the Douglas A-20J Havoc 43-21709 (c/n 21356) is now and the state of its restoration? Was with Lone Star Flight in Texas but sold to Australia 2007.

By George
25th Sep 2010, 01:03
Last week saw it in a hangar at Chino, next to the Aero Trader hangar. The wings are off and in a transport cradle. The fuselage is on its gear but both engines have been removed. Tail feathers are off and both engines seem to be packed in blue plastic. (The shape looks like an engine). The right firewall is missing, the left is still there but stripped down to the spar. Some inspection covers on the nose are open and the basic airframe looks clean with no sign of 'white ants', although I am not an engineer. Looking at my photographs it's still in a dark green scheme with a powder blue/sky blue undersides. Same colour that the Airbus people love to paint cockpits. It is not available for public viewing but through a contact, I managed to sneak a visit. I also crawled all over a Fw190, very interesting place to spend a few hours on a layover.

Bwana
27th Sep 2010, 13:20
Many thanks to By George for info.