PDA

View Full Version : Liposuction or "tummy tuck"

Fw44
23rd Sep 2010, 19:06
Is anyone prepared to confess to having had either of these?
I've tried exercise and diets but the belly is still suffering from the after effects of too many pies and pints. I'm 5 foot 9 and my trouser waist band has snuck-up to 38" and the weight to about 185 lbs - not too bad but it's the flab that bugs me and I'm told that lipo or a "tuck" would solve it, and also deal with the moobs.
Any real-world experiences or suggestions about the impact on an existing class 1 or ability to sustain g?

FW

mindaJ2
26th Nov 2010, 07:22
I think liposuction and tummy tuck are the same. Liposuction can be done on a tummy after pregnancy because of the stretch marks. In the same manner tummy tuck is also done to remove cells in tummy. So for me, they are the same.

My Indianapolis Liposuction (http://www.meridianplastic.com)

cats_five
26th Nov 2010, 08:13
You are still overweight according to BMI calculators. 5'8" and 185 points gives a BMI of 28.1, I gather it should be below 25 - that would be 164 pounds for your height, 21 pounds less than at present.

Losing that weight (if you can - I know how hard it is) should deal with the tummy and moobs.

AFAIK liposuction and tummy tuck are different operations with different risks - lipo sucks out the fat, tummy tuck removes a flap of skin & fat.