PDA

View Full Version : DGCA medical and renewal

shon7
23rd Sep 2010, 16:01
Questions about a DGCA medical. I know the initial is quite tough and takes quite a bit of time to complete. Does it involve any blood-work for a candidate under 35?

What about the renewal - class I? Is it easier or the same and the time involved?

weapon-x
23rd Sep 2010, 16:15
yes In initial and renewal they do blood test , if ur over weight as per ur body mass index then they will do few more blood test ...

avalanche007
23rd Sep 2010, 16:23
renewal can be done in few hours as compared to initial as you wont have eeg and eyes and audiometry etc etc
also some places do accept blood tests from outside so then ur work can become a lot easier during renewals

but yes as weapon-x said there will be blood tests in initial and renewal also
and if you are over weight then you will have to do lipid profile and biochemical tests apart from normal cbc

v1_rotate
24th Sep 2010, 04:26
I did my Initial Class1 at Apollo Chennai , It took pretty much the whole day , but it was a relatively pleasant experience (as far as medicals go :ouch:) , All the tests are done in the same building (except for the audiometry for which you have to go the main hospital which is walking distance..This was the test which took a lot of time..waiting time that is ) . Apart from that they were quite efficient, they give you a checklist (makes pilots feel at home i guess) and off you go on your journey from office to office finishing up each test and ticking it off on the list.. I dint have to wait too long for any of these since there were not a lot of patients that day.

Now I have a question about my renewal which I am planning to do sometime this November. I know the process of requesting DGCA to forward my pmr to the IAF station Tambaram, Chennai (send email request as instructed on dgca website).. So do I do this after I make an appointment with the IAF Station? And what if my pmr reaches there say a few days before my appointment, will they be ok with holding on to it ? And is 10 days a good estimate for DGCA to forward the pmr to the venue ?

Many Thanks
V1

Krishna.sindhoor
18th Aug 2014, 03:35
My question to v1 rotate,

I am planning to get my initial class 1 done there.. what all tests did they perform ?

Krishna.sindhoor
18th Aug 2014, 03:47
Hello,

My question is to v1_rotate
I am Planning to get my medicals done at apollo chennai
what all tests did they do for initial class 1 ?