PDA

View Full Version : LOst my license.. What next?

Captain_Mov
23rd Sep 2010, 11:27
Hi all. In Jan 10th 2010 I had a Heart attack, or a Myocardial Infraction, if you prefer.
The doctors came to the conclusion, that I am not fit to fly or will be, so I will soon loose my license forever. Sure I will collect the Insurance money, but what next?
Is there a field in the industry that could absorb me ?

Pace
23rd Sep 2010, 11:38
Captain Mov

Really sorry to hear that! On my last recurrent I used a Citation 560 simulator the operator was a 15000 hr Citation Pilot who had a stroke and lost his medical but had all that experience to give to people like myself.
Maybe you should look at ground based simulator work???

Pace

Captain_Mov
23rd Sep 2010, 19:06
Thank you for your help, pace

Thomas coupling
28th Sep 2010, 14:11
Captain Mov: I know of 2 commercial transport pilots who have had MI's and still fly. It isn't necessarily the end.
The down side of this is that you can't fly and claim your LOL :=

flytom
7th Oct 2010, 14:53
Hi Capt Mov,
Depends on your background. If you have ever been any sort of instructor it should not be too difficult to move into ground instruction. If you have had management jobs in aviation you can be the Head of Training or the Flight Operations Manager of a company by dint of having held the appropriate licences and ratings.(been there done all that).A fellow pilot had his heart attack at an early age and ended up as the Operations Officer of a large aviation company. If you are literate and good with orders there are always companies looking to rewrite Operations Manuals etc.
I sympathise with you having been down the "lost my medical" route three years ago. If you want to stay in the business you need the usual career enhancers - determination, qualifications,timing and luck. Being in the business and not flying is not as pleasant or as financially rewarding, but if it has been an important part of your life go for it. Good Luck