PDA

View Full Version : Selection Program Stella Aviation

bypilot
22nd Sep 2010, 20:31
Hi guys.I have a question about Stella Aviation Academy Selection Program.As you know Stella Aviation Academy applies a selection program before accepting candidates to school.I will take part in the exam in a week and I looked for information about the selection tests everywhere but unfortunately I couldnt find further informations.Does anyone who passed this exams help me to understand what is the exact content of selection test?

Edgington
22nd Sep 2010, 22:04
Why have you chosen Stella? There are better schools out there! I have done and passed Stella's selection process, but went to a different school.

bypilot
23rd Sep 2010, 15:07
İ heard something about Stella Aviation School but Stella has some opportunities for job guarantee.So I have chosen Stella.Can you tell me something about selection program? I m really confused that what will apply to candidates?DIVA TEST?And all other parts of selection program.Thank you for attention.

cool301
23rd Sep 2010, 15:56
@ edgington:

Stella actually is a very good academy. The school is in the possession of a vast fleet of aircraft which are perfect for learning to fly on(eg. C152 & 172).

And yes, there are rumours out there about the trustworthiness of the school and it's 'board', but that has nothing to do with the quality of the training. Just don't believe that u will absolutely get a job as a pilot, because even stella can't give you this guarantee. They do however offer you a great deal concerning this subject.

@bypilot : unfortunately i cant give you any information regarding the selection. From what i've heard, the first test you'll have to pass is an aptitude test, consisting of a joystick test and a (simple) mathematics test simultaneously.

Edgington
23rd Sep 2010, 22:35
Didn't mean to step on anyones toe's. But just as a lot of people I have my doubts about a school who want to train 500 pilots a year even in these difficult times.

They do not offer any job guarantees! But if you pay them 10.000 Euros, they will pay your loan back after 3 years. Of course they do not mention what happens with the interest....
Sounds to me like a form of blackmail, give us 10.000 Euros and we will do our best to get you a job, if you don't pay we don't care...

rrooss
25th Sep 2010, 08:58
@ edgington:
so, can you tell us something about the tests? Are they similar to DLR tests?

coltrane
25th Sep 2010, 10:44
Just don't believe that u will absolutely get a job as a pilot, because even stella can't give you this guarantee

Well... Stella actually guarantees a pilot job after training, so you better believe it, you payed an additional 10.000 euro's for it! Ok, everyone knows it's a freaking scam, but apparently there are still guys willing to believe those fairy tails and pay the extra 10K :yuk:

@Bypilot, rrooss
don't worry you'll pass their "selection" process, they need to fill up their classes... the test basically comes down to a check of your credit worthiness:}

Seriously, I would be very reserved to pay 115.000 euro's to an institute that, in the current climate, trains 500 pilots per year and then claims to provide them a job!

bypilot
26th Sep 2010, 07:44
But guys we need information about the test.Can anyone tell us how do they apply the test?

rrooss
28th Sep 2010, 12:43
so anyone hasn't got anything?

Edgington
28th Sep 2010, 12:43
I did the selection 2 years ago this is what I can remember of it.

The first day is behind a computer, on the screen you will see a moving tape which you have to keep between 2 lines. Later on you will have to other things at the same time, I believe you have to remember how often you hear certain letters.
Basically they are testing your hand-eye coordination, memory, reaction and if you divide your attention.

If you get asked back again you are placed behind a computer to test you on a couple of things:

- Mental Arithmetic - Speaks for its self just work as quickly as you can the more time left over the higher your score

- Spatial Awareness - You will see a cube, and for unfolded cube you have to choose the right one

- Logical Reasoning - If i remember correctly you get to see a certain number of pictures then you have to select the next one based on logical reasoning.

- Technical insight - fairly basic questions not very difficult physics questions

Try online IQ tests they can help you with most of the above and search on google for tests.

Later that day is the psychological test, just lots of question just answer with what fits your persona.

If all that goes well you get asked back for a grading, just to see how quickly you learn things.

Then an interview and you're there hopefully.

Good luck....

rrooss
28th Sep 2010, 13:35
thank you very much!!

22Left
29th Sep 2010, 14:19
@ Cool 301:

You say the academy is good, but you dont know what the selection is all about? Tell me, how could this be? And how do you know that the deal they offer is great? No one knows!

@Bypilot: Selection can be found on the stella website.

cool301
29th Sep 2010, 20:43
I do know a little bit about the selection procedure, but i expect my information to be outdated. Someone close to me went to Stella aviation, but he finished the selection a couple of years ago. However, he 'just' got out of training, and thus i can tell whether the academy is quality or not.

Regarding the job guarantee ; You are absolutely right, i cant tell. I should rephrase what i said before. 'It does seem like a good deal', would fit in better. Excuse me for that one.

Cheers

22Left
29th Sep 2010, 21:31
And how is he doing right now? Did he got into any selection process?

About the guarantee: there is no specific employer in the contract so in the end you dont know where you will end up...

Edgington
30th Sep 2010, 00:30
As I told bypilot in a pm, choice of school should depend on the chances of getting a job when finishing! Lufthansa & AirBerlin have their own schools and they gave you a guaranteed job, not sure if they still do.
Oxford currently have airline schemes with Jetstar and Flybe.
Those are better choices!

As for the guarantee from Stella what I have heard is that, it is considered by them a job if you pay to fly. Some of their students were sent to a turkish airline, had to pay for the typerating and linetraining, contract ended after they had flown 100 hours...
So 10,000 Euros for a job guarantee, another 40,000 to pay to fly. Another 105,000 for Stella's course, still have to add living kosts on top of it. Amounting to somewhere near the 200,000 Euro mark in total. Good luck repaying that!

havadakaradapilot
30th Sep 2010, 18:10
@Edgington as you wrote just happened like that...We faced same tests in Stella selection. Thanks god I passed but still waiting for the next step of the process.

eergen
13th Feb 2011, 13:18
to havadakaradapilot..
friend, ı have just passed some exams in stellla( done in iftc)
what is your position? ı passed diva, eye-hand, capacity etc..
waiting now..

Stratobus
13th Feb 2011, 16:07
Stella were used quite a lot by TY and SXS,as both companys are related, now new guys seem be be getting type ratings in Germany, looking like Stella may not have same chances of jobs placing with Turkish Airlines now.. but question was are they good, well pilots seem OK, and course not rubbish like some in Spain