PDA

View Full Version : ATR Pilot looking for work (FAA license SIC rating)

HurryUp&Retire
22nd Sep 2010, 02:04
Hi Everyone,
Can anyone guide me and help me find some sources regarding any leads where I can find some ATR work as an FO

2000TT
1500 ATR time

Thunderpants
22nd Sep 2010, 03:02
Vietnam Airlines was looking for an ATR driver, attractive salary and rotation. I was interested in it myself, but don't have any ATR time so got a PFO:{; good luck!

HurryUp&Retire
22nd Sep 2010, 11:29
No i dint fly for Eagle. Thanks for suggesting Vietnam, I will send them my app. Is there anyone else? I am mostly looking in ASIA (Air Bagan, Air Mandalay, Myanma Airways, Yangon Airways or anyone flying ATRs). However I would consider other countries/continents besides asia.

kunguru
22nd Sep 2010, 11:38
Hi everyone. If you have ATR rating and looking for the job then contact www.precisionairtz.com (http://www.precisionairtz.com) these company is based in TANZANIA. Good luck:ok::ok::ok:

goldenseth
22nd Sep 2010, 11:39
Dont send 'them' ur application. Send it to they agencies.

Chazbird
25th Sep 2010, 00:55
Hurry Up:

I am a US FAA rated ATR pilot who flew in Asia as a ATR72 captain. I'm taking a break and want to go back but am out of currency. This is due to companies delaying hiring or various agencies dropping the ball with submitting my material. With the exception of two, all seem to be bad, and even the "good ones" make "mistakes". I looked into FSI (not my favorite program) about a recurrency and was quoted $17,000! However it is $6500 if I have a training partner. If you need to get current maybe you'd consider this? From what I've been told lately, too many times, being out of currency means, in Asia, no job, no way.

Depending on the ATR contract job the $6500 is probably worth it, but $17,000. is pretty steep. I also have gotten as good response, or better, going through the companies by themselves. Some the currency requirements are fairly stiff, like 3 months. Some, if pushed will go up to a year. There are few carriers where the pay for FO isn't very good, others quite decent, it depends on where you want to go, I guess. Let me know if you need currency and are interested in pursuing this.

ZFT
25th Sep 2010, 06:43
AATC Bangkok are JAA approved only, not FAA. KL the same too.

HurryUp&Retire
25th Sep 2010, 09:56
Chazbird (http://www.pprune.org/members/138861-chazbird),
Thanks for the offer. I current and currently flying an ATR.
Best of luck getting current. I know it can be hard finding an ATR gig in the states.

Chazbird
25th Sep 2010, 17:33
Actually, I prefer flying outside the US....

Otherwise, thanks for the tip about BKK ATR center (where I've been once) although that does provide a conundrum. Go there, get JAA current, (maybe for less) but do they "allow that" FAA on a JAA currency ride? Where I previously worked in Asia they took my FAA licenses but trained me at Toulouse, presumably JAA and at KL, again, presumably JAA.

This is all getting a bit absurd...I thought I could go to BKK, get current and shop myself at 3-4 Asian carriers with my latest currency. But they don't allow my FAA at BKK ATR center, that isn't going to work, or if I do that, and the carriers say, "No, you're FAA on JAA currency". Alas, the circus carnival never seems to end.

Capt Under Pants
26th Sep 2010, 06:06
There is an ATR operator out of Subang in KL. Try them also.

kwaiyai
29th Sep 2010, 07:47
thought ATC KL got there JAR TRTO pulled?
BTW if you are FO FY will not hire you, they need PIC plus DCAM will
not approve Foreign FO's due to so many local Guys graduating. I suspect
Berjaya and Mas wings the same.