PDA

View Full Version : COMED reborn ?

ISDABS1
7th Apr 2001, 23:17
I hear that Mr Murgatroyd might be back in business soon. Although I doubt it will be with passengers at first, I for one certainly hope this is true as the guy deserves a break. I wonder how many of those pilots who criticised him whilst still happy to collect their wages will come crawling back for work ?

B727
8th Apr 2001, 12:02
Where are the Bandits now ? Did Comed own or lease them ?

dada
8th Apr 2001, 12:31
I suspect the only break lots of people would like to give him is one in the neck.

This has caused light a/c owners who have leased their a/c to him no end of worry wondering whether their own private a/c will be sold off to pay off the debts accrued by that a/c whilst leased to comed.

Who are these people who thinks he's the best thing since freddie laker ? fair enough, he may have given many people their first airline job but don't forget that in itself is a simple business transaction - he needs a pilot and pays for that service.
the only thing i'd like to see him make a comeback on is his milkfloat.

[This message has been edited by PPRuNe Towers (edited 08 April 2001).]

ISDABS1
8th Apr 2001, 17:30
My contacts inform me that there is 1 BANDIT in Leeds owned by COMED (for sale), 1 in Southend owned by BAC Leasing, and 1 impounded at Blackpool (leased by a company in Belgium).

DADA, you seem concerned about the a/c owners who lost out here for which I sympaphise. However, there were also 70 people who lost their jobs.

I'm led to believe that Mr M tried to salvage all the above before the company went bust by going into administration, but was forced into receivership by a third party for reasons best known to themselves.

Any comments ?

PURPLE PITOT
10th Apr 2001, 01:04
I doubt if any of the pilots will go "crawling back" as most have better jobs flying better aircraft, being paid three times as much, and being treated as human beings.

Still, it was fun while it lasted.

I'll have a large gin......

touch&go
10th Apr 2001, 01:12
How was the States, Purple