PDA

View Full Version : Sky Aviation, Bali

Thunderpants
19th Sep 2010, 01:59
Hi All,

Just looking for any gouge you may have on these guys? They appear to be a smart little outfit catering for tourists, with a caravan for medivac and freight runs.
http://ptskyaviation.com (http://ptskyaviation.com/)

I have flown a fair bit in Asia, but that was for a western company and these guys are obviously local. I was also wondering if anyone has info on the 'going rate' for C208 pilots in Indonesia, in perticular, Bali.

Any other info you may have, standards, maintenance, cost of living, ect, would all be much appreciated,

Many Thanks

corky121
20th Sep 2010, 05:00
Havnt seen any 208 around for that lot.. They have 2 x cirrus's for tourist flights and transfers. Reasonably new outfit. Not based in Bali but in mataram, Lombok. If your after 208 flying and have float time and want to be based in Bali Travera is the one. Expat salary expat housing and conditions.

STOLFLYER
20th Sep 2010, 11:10
Yes, they will have a second hand C208 coming in early October. Reasonable condition, a 97 model and another January next year, 2006 model.
Heard that they are looking for Captain and FO. Planes will be flying Lombok, Bali, East Java regular routes plus some Air Charter. Then, they are also looking at Papua where small planes are always in high demand.
The Cirrus is used for tourists especially flying One Day Return trip to Komodo.
They also have a 141 School in their plan.
In Indonesia, due to difficulty of converting foreign license to Indonesia License, it is better for you to obtain a C208 rating before applying for the job. Then, it will an en endorsememnt which only valid for 4 months but renewable.

training wheels
20th Sep 2010, 11:25
I was also wondering if anyone has info on the 'going rate' for C208 pilots in Indonesia, in perticular, Bali.

I met some Susi Air C208 pilots a few months ago .. recall them saying their starting pay is around $600 USD a month and they get to operate the flap lever.

ashish_pilote
20th Sep 2010, 15:14
Wat are the chances of a Low timer being hired ?

FAA CPL 250 hrs
Single,Multi-Engine,Instrument Rating

Thunderpants
20th Sep 2010, 18:07
Thankyou for the responses guys.

Corky121, STOLFLYER
I have 1000+PIC on the C208, (these guys specified that they wat 500PIC minimum), and have flown a fair bit in Asia, and would love to go back there. Many thanks for the info.

Trainingwheeles,
I had a buddy at Susi Air, and he told me some hair raising stories too; $600 per month was pretty much what he said, AND he had to practicaly beg for his pay cheque as the were somewhat tardy on their payroll. I don't care how low the cost of living is there, that sucks. After a few months of that, he quit.

Any idea what 'Expat salary expat housing and conditions' would be for PIC on a Caravan in Indonesia?

Fly Safe Guys,

DN