PDA

View Full Version : Where has General Aviation in the Caribbean disappeared to?

NightWolf
18th Sep 2010, 18:17
Just wanted some feedback; where has General Aviation disappearred? Is it a hit or miss with the airlines. Either you fly airline or nothing?

Goodoleboy
2nd Oct 2010, 00:42
I wonder also, I left puerto rico last summer with just two students and spent the 3 months Ag flying,came back this fall and the operator I was instructing for had put his C172 up forsale and their are no new flight students here in western PR

NightWolf
2nd Oct 2010, 23:22
It seems that for a low time pilot; there are hardly any mediums for a pilot to build hours or gain experience in the region, even if you have the instructor rating. Majority of the airlines small or big require at least 1500TT and it is difficult for a guy/gal to build from 250TT to 1500TT unless their grandfather owns a plane. I am aware that the region is small and there are not a variety of ariel work such as crop spraying or medivacs. As a young hard working aviator it had me puzzled. I am also aware, it all falls to how bad you want it and nothing falls in your lap so easy.

Good luck to any aviator who is looking to progress their career to the next flight level. We all are in the great race including myself. I might be just behind you in the race lol.