PDA

View Full Version : Noob needing some guidance

mrgarabaldi
18th Sep 2010, 13:32
Hey

Im 25 and just finished my degree in business and management. I have always wanted to fly, however the RAF told me to bugger off as I do not have perfect vision (but i dont need glasses). In a nutshell, I want to take the plunge and become a professional pilot. I would much rather try and fail than get to 40 having never tried. I hate regret. Anyway, the problem is, as with every one else funding. I dont have £60,000 for a deposit, however Its not outwith the realm of impossibility that, I will be able to go modular through a training school in Glasow, doing my PPL initially then onwards. I can fund this through a full time job ( even if it means saving for like 6 years, so be it ) This way I can save and go as I can afford. My question is:

Does this type of modular route have any MAJOR setbacks, compared to say going to CTC wings and doing an integrated course? Does it cut your job options down to zero? Or would it simply be better to save and get a loan, and complete an integrated course?

Any help with this issue and and funding advice would be most appreciated!

Thanks

the noob

FlyingStone
18th Sep 2010, 13:50
Three answers to three questions: no, no and again: no.

Just read the sticky topic about modular vs. integrated and then decide if you want to spend twice as much money on training for the same result.

Halfwayback
19th Sep 2010, 16:26
Mr Garibaldi
Welcome to Pprune forum! you will find a lot of people will offer advice to help Wannabees to get a foot on the ladder but they do expect you to have done a little more research yourself.

All the questions you ask have been asked - and answered - many times before. If you use the Search function and read some of the Stickies you will find the answers.

HWB