PDA

View Full Version : Air Seychelles hiring Twin Otter F/Os?

mcaffa80
18th Sep 2010, 13:31
Anyone know if Air Seychelles is currently looking for Twin Otter F/O's? And if they are, what are the requirements?

Thanks!

cavortingcheetah
19th Sep 2010, 16:13
It's sad that so many locals are sitting around but as far back as I can remember Air Seychelles have never employed junior fleet first officers and I'm quite sure that they never will. They have employed direct entry commanders on the jet fleet and have also staffed the position of operations manager with both British and South African pilots in the past. I'm not sure of the parentage of the present incumbent. I notice that the sands have drawn at least one senior captain fairly recently but I'm afraid that a flying job in paradise for an expatriate is pretty much a Tinker Bell these days. The place certainly isn't what it used to be before the revolution.

R.Cruizo
20th Sep 2010, 00:41
Hi Mcaffa,
Yep, would have to agree with the two previous posts. I worked for 4years at Air Seychelles as a DHC 6 Captain. A beutiful island paradise but very very localised for employment prospects.

They use to hire Expat Jet Captains & Expat DHC6 Captains, but with the swell of local Pilots comming through, these positions have all but disappeared.

Best of luck with your search, DHC6 Twin Otter gave me some of my most enjoyable flying experiences.

Cheers

RC :ok:

walu
20th Sep 2010, 06:27
I think if your interested in MAT or TMA , just realize it's DHC-6 FLOAT experience that they want, no offense to experienced guys and girls out there, but that's just what is needed to operate there. It's great flying, very challenging at times and certainly long hours but if you've trod the float flying path to get there you'll enjoy immensely!

DHC6to8
20th Sep 2010, 07:39
edited at the request of another

justlookin4info
23rd Sep 2010, 02:01
No chance for foreign fo's at MAT or TMA. I have many ex-students that are back home in the Maldives waiting for jobs.