PDA

View Full Version : Decisions bugging me, should i stay or should i go CPLH !!

Riddo
18th Sep 2010, 08:50
Re Helicopter flight training: Have a PPLH already (60hrs).Work as mech engineer and doing ppl since feb 2010, decided if still like at this stage wud go full time training.
I.R. training in U.K. is next step after CPL (40K)

Q.Just not sure where to do CPL???

Two options:
A- Bristow Florida Jan 2011 Combined JAA/FAA course for holders of PPLH
Cost 75,000 Euro incl accom etc Gives CPL JAA/FAA ,FAA I.R.,CFI..
Main advantage is highly thought of school, and POSSABILITY of job as instructor.(finish with 200hrs Total)

B- Hr build uk and then Oxford for full time ATPL jan to aug 2011, then do CPL in England or modular in Bristows Florida.
Cost 55,000Euros (finish close to 245hrs Total)
Main difference is structure of course and chance of instructing not as good as in Bristows..

Goal is off shore, have visited the Big three in Aberdeen seems most civies trained at Bristows !!
Bristows just does not seem value for money, but higher chance for employment!!

Please can you comment?

paco
18th Sep 2010, 09:49
Only one at the moment - Oxford don't do helicopters and haven't done for some time. You will be taking aeroplane exams.

We have a US option as well (with Cloud 9), and our students take helicopter exams - check out the updates section at Caledonian Advanced Pilot Training (http://www.captonline.com). You can also do our consolidation weeks at Bristows if you want to go modular and do your flying there. This means you can start your ground studies asap with our distance learning course.

We also have hour building options afterwards.

Phil

Riddo
18th Sep 2010, 09:57
Hi Paco,

Thanks for reply, i'm told there that its possible to sit in and do full time ATPL study with the plank guys, only difference is you do 13 exams and one has to done as distance learning..

Thanks

Senior Pilot
18th Sep 2010, 13:37
Riddo,

Your queries have been asked frequently! Try using the Search facility, or a read of the sticky "So you want to be a Helicopter Pilot" will be a Good Place to start :)

If you "Click Here" in the above thread, read all the links on FAQ:Training & Employment Prospects - Please read before posting (http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/122944-faq-training-employment-prospects-please-read-before-posting.html). You will find an existing thread which will relate to your enquiry, and even post in that thread :ok: