PDA

View Full Version : university

dennyliu
18th Sep 2010, 01:57
Hi everyone,
I am new to the Forum, i am an international student currently studying in Brisbane. i would like to find out what paths should i get in order to be a pilot, University(Bachelor)?? flying school?? cadetship??
Does anyone know if China Airline and Eva Airline have cadetship??? because this two airline are the major airline in my country( Taiwan)
Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks

Nine_Inch__Wings
18th Sep 2010, 04:20
I'm just finishing up a Bachelor's with Griffith University here in Brisbane, and have completed all of my training bar fATPLs.

Griffith offers the Bachelor with fee-HELP to Aussie citizens/residents - gives you a loan of $80,000 for your flying - which pretty much covers most of it bar a few things, and obviously an additional loan for the other degree requirements.

Griffith has had a Qantas Cadetship link over the past 2 years, however, I'm not sure whether this is continuing next year - you will have to find this out.

This is the path that I took, and it has worked out alright so far - as I was fresh out of school, and wanted to go to uni, not to mention I didn't have the money to fund my own training, nor the desire to 'mooch' off of my parents an awful lot.

As for the other airlines you speak of, I do not know, though, I am sure they do have cadetships, as some of the flight schools at Archerfield (where I completed my training) are training cadets from airlines such as China Airlines, etc.

Hope this helps, sorry couldn't write more, got an ATPL to get studying for,

Good Luck.