PDA

View Full Version : Dgca Ir Issue

Sarin
17th Sep 2010, 13:55
Hello Guys,

Have a doubt regarding the IR issue in India on a foreign License. I have a CAA NZ CPL and thinking about moving onto the Multi. CAA requires 40 hours to get a MEIR. The DGCA conversion chart says for an IR issue, need 40 hours instrument time ( 20 or more actual, 20 or less on sim) with a general flying report.

My question is, can I get an IR issued in India without giving an actual flying test in NZ. There is no point getting a MEIR here as I dont intend to stay here.

By flying test, I mean the ones that we give for CPL( and not the checkride that can be taken by the CFI). I have heard that if I just do 40 hours, with no flight test, and go back to India, I can get IR issued without giving a checkride in India.

Its a little confusing but would really appreciate some help.

Thanks.

avalanche007
17th Sep 2010, 14:37
My question is, can I get an IR issued in India without giving an actual flying test in NZ

yes you can get ir endorsed on your indian cpl

just refer the flow chart and complete all the flying formalities as stated for ir issue and you will be fine

profsx
17th Sep 2010, 14:44
Hey Sarin

I was in your position about a year-n-a-half ago....

Follow the requirements exactly as given in the flow chart, talk to one of the A Cat instructors in the academy, ask him if he is happy evaluating your IFR skills, and signing off the IR assessment form given in the DGCA website (Provided your upto the standard).

YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO THE IFR FLIGHT TEST IN NZ or have the rating on your NZ licence (But of course, you do need the type rating on the NZ licence)

Sarin
18th Sep 2010, 02:30
@Profsx - Thanks a lot for the advice. Signing the form by an A Cat wont be an issue cause he's curretly really happy with my flying :ok:

I was going through the DGCA website forms, but I wasnt sure which form you were referring to. So if you can please take a moment and paste the link for the form, it would be a great help.

And one more question, after finishing the 40 hours required and coming back to India, will I be required to give a checkride in India?

I will either be flying the Partenavia or the Duchess , so does DGCA requires a written examination for conversion? As here in NZ, we dont need to give an aircraft technical exam.

@avalanche - Yea I've been trying to get my head around the flow chart, looks pretty easy but something or the other just pops out and sends me into a dilemma. How DGCA works is a mystery for me right now. :confused:

profsx
18th Sep 2010, 05:49
http://dgca.nic.in/forms/crew-d/Prof_IR.pdf

After finishing the 40hrs do the 'Flight Test' with the A cat, ask him to sign off the form (Link above)....This is your check ride....Keep the report, you need to submit it at DGCA

You dont have to do the check ride in India after this.

Just get a certificate from your academy saying 'Sarin has completed ground training of 20hrs on P68/duchess'.....thats the equivalent of the techinical paper, you dont have to give any exam in India....

Sarin
19th Sep 2010, 03:30
@ Profsx - You're a life saver mate!!!!

@avalanche - I saw your reply about the FRTOL confusion that I had. And as you said RTR and FRTOL are two different things. Can you please explain the difference? Read on the website that i need RTR (A) but you said RTR (P) ?

avicon
14th Oct 2010, 04:43
Hi there

Can som,ebody please tell me what form to use for issue of IR on Indian CPL licence. I am having my overseas licence converted to Indian CPL without IR. After it is through, I plan to take NOC and submit IR test report.

Sarin
24th Oct 2010, 20:27
http://dgca.nic.in/forms/crew-d/Prof_IR.pdf

I think this is the form that you are looking for. Still confirm it with someone else.

I am planning to do the same aswel. From where will you get the NOC from?

josh121.5
21st Nov 2010, 12:01
@Sarin : when u have 20hrs on tha A/c and if ur instructor is happy with ur flying then u might aswell get the flight test done . Getting a MECIR on a NZ CPL gives u an edge if you wanna look for jobs outside india . :ok: