PDA

View Full Version : Fare well Luke Edmonds

Dick N. Cider
17th Sep 2010, 11:07
Those of the ATC and Flight Service fraternity will be saddened to know that Luke Edmonds, aged 49, passed away unexpectedly this last week. Luke was a fixture in Sydney FIS, Brisbane, Alice and Tamworth ATC over the years and the tales of his times are many and varied.

Luke was sailing with friends off Dubai when he collapsed. Despite lengthy resuscitation attempts, Luke was unable to be saved.

Luke leaves behind his wife, Rosie, and sons, Guy and Bryce.

For those that knew Luke there will be a memorial service in Dubai at about midnight Australian Eastern Standard Time on Saturday night. Very few of us here in Oz will have a chance to be there so spare a thought for one of our own.

DNC

aulglarse
17th Sep 2010, 13:18
R.I.P Luke, you are a gentleman and will be sadly missed.

My condolonces to Rosie and the boys.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
17th Sep 2010, 16:14
Far too young..............

R.I.P.

Condolences to his Family and Friends

DBTW
17th Sep 2010, 20:53
Just don't know what to say...

My thoughts are with Rosie and the boys! Luke was far too young! The tales of his times up here in Tamworth are mostly about joy and living. The world is a sadder place without him...

hawkeye01
18th Sep 2010, 00:04
Thanks Dick for posting. For those who can make it..

Luke EDMONDS

| Visit Guest Book (http://www.legacy.com/gb2/default.aspx?bookid=12000284040674&cid=full)
http://mi-cache.legacy.com/legacy/images/obituary/obituary/share_icon.gif

EDMONDS, Luke. Aged 49 Years. Passed away Sunday, 12th September, 2010. He left us suddenly doing what he loved - sailing the ocean with his Family. He will always be loved and treasured and we will remember his spirit and his adventures for all time. Relatives and Friends are invited to attend Luke's Memorial Service on Tuesday, 21st September, 2010, at 11.30 a.m., at the Moreton Bay Trailer Boat Club, 34 Fairlead Crescent, Manly, Brisbane. Phone (07) 3396 8161.

Published in Courier Mail on September 18, 2010

hawkeye01
18th Sep 2010, 03:11
Thanks for posting Dick..

EDMONDS, Luke. Aged 49 Years. Passed away Sunday, 12th September, 2010. He left us suddenly doing what he loved - sailing the ocean with his Family. He will always be loved and treasured and we will remember his spirit and his adventures for all time. Relatives and Friends are invited to attend Luke's Memorial Service on Tuesday, 21st September, 2010, at 11.30 a.m., at the Moreton Bay Trailer Boat Club, 34 Fairlead Crescent, Manly, Brisbane. Phone (07) 3396 8161.

Published in Courier Mail on September

18 2010

Horatio Leafblower
18th Sep 2010, 08:21
If I recall correctly, Luke was volunteer ATCO for a couple of the Warbirds Over Scone airshows.

Always happy to look after the students too. Vale