PDA

View Full Version : Adagold chartered Hifly A340 when is it due in Australia

L1011 Nut
17th Sep 2010, 10:34
As Strategic has appeared to have lost the ADF contract, let me ask the next question, when is the Adagold chartered Hifly A340 due in Australia.

Will it also be based in Brisbane as Adagold is based in Brisbane.

Also will it be a A340-300 or 500 as Hifly has both in their fleet.

tourismman
17th Sep 2010, 10:46
As the contract has not been signed off to Adagold ,due to the developments, then Strategic will continue to operate till a decision is finally made.

Heavy Cargo
17th Sep 2010, 12:38
October 23rd Brisbane :cool: Strategic have finished with ADF.

ebt
18th Sep 2010, 01:37
I wouldn't be so sure on that, HC as the investigations are still ongoing, apparently. This is from a Defence statement:

The separate review Defence is undertaking into allegations of irregularities in the 2010 process for retendering the contract for Air Support Services to the Middle East Area of Operations is continuing and the tender remains incomplete at this time.
I would be very surprised if the investigation clears and all the contracts are signed within a month. That could leave Strategic in the place where the ADF have to sign an extension for a couple of months more until all the fine details of the contract have been signed off o.

Interesting times!

Heavy Cargo
18th Sep 2010, 03:26
I bet Hi Fly start on a charter basis week to week until contract signed :cool:

Clive is washed up:{

Tango9
18th Sep 2010, 16:09
That would be clever of Defence. They have boxed themselves into a situation where they have to continue using the incumbent who are currently under Federal Police investigation for whatever happended in 2005 and werent reagrded as economical or otherwise to be the preffered bidder in the recent tender.

Or they will need to use another supplier who is also under investigation by an independant audit process.

Brilliant !!:ok:

What a shambles they have made of this whole affair its like amateur night.

d_concord
19th Sep 2010, 03:23
It was recently pointed out to me that Hi Fly are also one of the constants in both contracts and you would have to question what part they play.

Some interesting decisions coming I would think.

Onboard PA
21st Sep 2010, 04:56
Contract is based in Darwin. Flying to start next month.

Rudder
21st Sep 2010, 10:11
No it wont Onboard.

Golf Punk
21st Sep 2010, 23:20
Based on that Defence Department press release, looks like they are searching for another solution, independent of Strategic or Adagold/ Hi Fly, probably so that Defence have some distance between them & both companies when any investigations are completed :mad:

Trojan1981
23rd Sep 2010, 04:03
That would be clever of Defence. They have boxed themselves into a situation where they have to continue using the incumbent who are currently under Federal Police investigation for whatever happended in 2005 and werent reagrded as economical or otherwise to be the preffered bidder in the recent tender.

Or they will need to use another supplier who is also under investigation by an independant audit process.

Brilliant !!

What a shambles they have made of this whole affair its like amateur night.

They are not in this situation, thankfully.
JMOVGP maintains a list of vetted charter brokers to cater for large scale operations and situations like this one. One contingency is for them to use these brokers for the period in between one contract ending and another begining. Of course there is provision to extend the current contract if that is the way they want to go. I will not add my opinion to this Scheiße sturm, but those are the facts.

megle2
23rd Sep 2010, 08:59
Like my comment in another post how do you vet a broker who has no AOC / no aircraft / no crew / no SMS ect ect

Tango9
23rd Sep 2010, 14:05
Australian Aviation - Article

Defence seeks short term support contract | Australian Aviation Magazine (http://australianaviation.com.au/defence-seeks-short-term-support-contract/)

VS-LHRCSA
11th Nov 2010, 18:02
Now that Adagold has been given the go-ahead, does anyone have any info regarding the A340 leased from Hi Fly? When is it due? Registration?

Karunch
11th Nov 2010, 19:06
The headhunters looking for A330/ 340 Captains suggested December screening for a Bne/ Drw base. Ccq to 340 would be bonded. 10K Euro pm. Well short of other market offerings so they have resorted to ringing around.

Waghi Warrior
11th Nov 2010, 20:04
When they ring around I hope they are told the facts of life,pay the correct salary and the problem will be solved,easy ! If they pay peanuts they will get monkeys,or people who will be there for 5 minutes and they will be out given the first chance of a higher paying job.

Outtahere
11th Nov 2010, 20:43
I told them they were below market on salary, days off (20 on 10 off), a Drw basing, bonding for a 330/ 340 Ccq (I'm indifferent to aircraft type) & that they should call me if the terms change.

bjork
17th Dec 2010, 05:47
.. Just wondering if anyone in here has been offered a cabin crew role with Adagold/HiFly?.. GS starting 29/12.. ive been offered a role and am hoping to hear from anyone else who has.. am hesitant as pay isnt great & moving to Darwin isnt that appealing.. pvt me anyone who is in same position:sad:

Tam133
16th Jan 2011, 00:16
Hi Bjork,

I got an interview with adagold based in darwin..can you tell me a bit about the interview you had? like pay? condition of work? etc
cheers

bjork
11th Feb 2011, 06:54
Hi Tam133, when i went for the interview with Adagold it was done through a recruitment agency called Watts Personell, but this process has changed now & the interviews are done direct through Adagold... U just need to display SAFETY, TEAMWORK, and adaptability.. if you hav any questions just give me a buzz... Matt 0415 711 045:D

wlshwzd
10th Nov 2011, 01:07
An advert from Plurajet based in Portugal for CCQ

Captain A340 / FO A340
Full time Australia (Any Australian city served by schedule flights Airlines)
Contract Plurajet Limited See below FDAC 11308
April 2011 Ongoing
Local: Australia (Any Australian city served by schedule flights Airlines)

Minimum Qualification & Requirements
A340 type rating
ICAO English Level: 4
Total Flying Time CPT 5000hrs / FO 1500hrs
Hrs on Airbus Type CPT 1000 PIC / FO 500 hrs

Australian Citizenship Required
Valid ICAO ATPL
Valid passport
Medical Valid/current Class A (first class)
No records of flight incidents/accidents No criminal history

Terms & conditions:

Domicile: Operations: Contract term: Roster: (Operator decision)
Mainly flying from and to Darwin 1 year contract – renewable 22 ON / 7 OFF

Monthly Gross Salary: (Times 12)Paid in Euros
Captains €10,000 EUR / FO ATPL €6,500 month FO CPL €4500

Accommodation:Darwin Hotel* and layover stations (B&B) will be supported by the Operator: *Darwin: Day before beginning of ON period, layovers during rotation and day of arrival at end of rotation ON.

outnabout
10th Nov 2011, 02:10
A quick scroll through the Australian Government Tender website www.tenders.gov.au show that Adagold have been awarded something like $64 764 940 worth of contracts, the majority in the past two years, the majority from the Department of Defence. The biggest single day's reward is for a contract worth $757 236 for services provided on 4 May 2011.

Good luck to Adagold - clearly they've got a very switched on business manager who is actively hunting for business, they're providing a service, and that service is being rewarded.

Trojan1981
10th Nov 2011, 06:56
They were certainly busy providing transport for various NQ exercises at that time, as well as MEAO sustainment.

Just a question regarding roster conditions for the A340 crew and airline pilots generally (as I will never be one), when they say 22 on/ 7 off does that mean that you will be fostered to fly for up to 22 days straight; or that you could possibly on standby away from home?

Cheers

EK_Bus Driver
23rd Feb 2012, 10:14
Noticed they are advertising for Brisbane base. Same pay but 3 on 4 off Roster or 18 on 11 off Roster. Is anyone here currently on the Contract? Or care to comment on Conditions / Rosters please? Plus any advice on Tax issues?

Cheers

AlphaDelta83
2nd Apr 2012, 07:21
It appears Adagold have started A340 flights into Sydney and Brisbane this month. I stumbled across it on Brisbane airports website. It appears they are flying from Al Minhad airbase (code used is NHD) near Dubai, UAE.

FoxtrotAlpha18
2nd Apr 2012, 23:10
News flash...oh, wait... :hmm:

mates rates
2nd Apr 2012, 23:30
You see the aircraft sitting at the old domestic in BNE every weekend.

Trojan1981
3rd Apr 2012, 07:09
FoxtrotAlpha18

News flash...oh, wait...

:}

falconx
6th Apr 2012, 09:48
So what's the latest with Adagold and the a340/'s?