PDA

View Full Version : CDG: B737 XL France flying the Viking's flag???

Birdy767
16th Sep 2010, 17:47
Is it not disrespectful to the ex XL UK employees? Wondering when such deal has been planned... May be just 2 years ago... just before September 12th but I m probably wrong...:oh:

excrab
16th Sep 2010, 18:41
Viking is not XL. Most if not all of the flight crew involved are ex XL(UK). How is it disrespectful to them - would it be better if they were still out of work?

Birdy767
16th Sep 2010, 18:57
WHY as you said "Most if not all of the flight crew involved are ex XL(UK)"?

You are always free to choose working or being the slave of a pimp.

Some people never learn

Lafyar Cokov
16th Sep 2010, 19:07
Yep - I know for sure that nearly all the XL flight and cabin crew now working at Viking turned down hundreds of job offers from all of the major players currently recruiting just to ensure they stayed working for the same management!

Birdy767
16th Sep 2010, 19:34
The crew jump in the tube and go wherever the CPL asks you to go. This is not the question. Good for them if they have found a GOOD job really quickly and sorry for the other who denied the "offer" :rolleyes: and finally get a proper one.

The problem is that after this outrageous Sept 2008 manipulation these :mad: managements (whatever that means) are back in business together. Is that really a coincidence? lol

oliversarmy
17th Sep 2010, 07:17
Birdy767

Its Viking flying for XL not the other way round and by the way do you really think that any airlines commercial department can afford to turn business down in the current climate.......get real !! :ugh:

OA

A and C
17th Sep 2010, 11:45
It is strange but any time I hear someone using the term "disrespect" I just think the words are likely to come from one one with a chip on their shoulder.

XL France needs an aircraft, Viking have an aircaft & crews they work together.........looks like business as normal to me.

Birdy767
17th Sep 2010, 12:54
It is strange but any time I read something like: "XL France needs an aircraft, Viking have an aircaft & crews they work together.........looks like business as normal to me." I just think the words are likely to come from someone who's missing "Morality" in his dico :p

Two years ago Phil Wyatt wept on TV when XL Airways collapsed. Now it¿s happened all over again | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1305135/Two-years-ago-Phil-Wyatt-wept-TV-XL-Airways-collapsed-Now-s-happened-again.html)

www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/360356-viking-airlines-18.html

A and C
17th Sep 2010, 15:23
Please can you tell us why a company like Viking that had been running for four or more years before the demise of XL UK not take a contract to do work for XL France ?

To me it looks like normal airline business, sorry but I just don't get the missing "Morality" in his dico bit.