PDA

View Full Version : So what is pprune for?

wickednorthernwitch
16th Sep 2010, 12:26
This is supposed to be a rumour network for professional pilots. Aviation is very widely spread and without this network I and many others could have been left in financial trouble or more financial trouble than we already are. Some tasks require pilots to land at the smaller airfields as it is cheaper and more convenient for refuels than the larger BAA run ones. If we have to ban some businesses because they are not paying their debts it actually does no one any favours especially if we are put out of business by non payment of debts.

Whirlygig
16th Sep 2010, 12:32
There's a very fine line between rumour and defamation ....

Other than that, the rest is called Business Risk ... it's the risk you run by, let's say, allowing Connaught plc to run up a large debt with you in order to achieve the sales!

Cheers

Whirls

500e
16th Sep 2010, 13:10
Nothing wrong in pointing out that Co x used to take 30 days to pay now takes 120 +++++ though
We have had a national firm write to say that in order to help with OUR cash flow they would be increasing their payments terms from 60 to 120 days, we stopped dealing with them, reading FT they appear to be on the edge , we could not afford the risk to our company,

gruntfutock
16th Sep 2010, 13:49
Whirls, what would you do if you discovered something about who you were dealing with commercially say for example [hypothetically speaking] that they had just acquired a CCJ against them for non payment of debt? I imagine that would make a few people nervous wouldn't it?

Whirlygig
16th Sep 2010, 14:29
I do not allow any of my customers to have credit facilities if they have a CCJ against them. So I would withdraw credit facilities and refuse to provide further good or services until they paid. After that, they would be on a cash-only basis.

I don't take much business risk in this economic climate and a sale's not a sale until the cash is in the bank.

Cheers

Whirls

cladosporangium
16th Sep 2010, 15:41
It seems that in todays climate you never know who has the money to pay their bills. I think that the smaller companies are just going to have to demand payment up front for the services they provide. Great if you have a credit card facility but not all small landing sites, that also provide very welcome refuels, do and the company does not give us cash to pay.

With "climate change" everyone needs to do their bit, or even just for your own convenience it is best to drop into an airfield en route as oppossed to take a detour. It is also cost effective! But then what would accountants know about that.:ugh:

Whirlygig
16th Sep 2010, 19:03
It is also cost effective! But then what would accountants know about that.Not as much as pilots :}

Cheers

Whirls