PDA

View Full Version : Tax Back from Type rating!

TheGlide
16th Sep 2010, 08:28
Hi im wondering has any one recieved there tax back from a type rating done in EMA from the Dutch government and how long did it take?
It seems to be taking forever?
Thanks

TheGlide
16th Sep 2010, 12:44
The training organisation was dutch .Anybody?

MyIDisthis
16th Sep 2010, 13:57
Are you talking about the Ryanair type rating? In that case if you payed 27500€ I believe it has already been deducted, so instead of paying 30000+€ or so that they used to charge, they give you the lower price from the start.

At least that's my understanding, someone correct me if I'm wrong. In case you're talking about another type rating I'm afraid I can't help you.

TheGlide
16th Sep 2010, 20:57
Anybody with first hand experience would be great... it was a Ryanair type rating.

zerotohero
17th Sep 2010, 00:10
Bit more clear info please

You say you did the type rating in EMA and you want the money back from the Dutch?

Do you mean you did the first week in EMA then the type rating at CAE Holland? or are you just a little slow and expect the Dutch to give you money for free?, i do know a little of how to get it back in the first instance.

TheGlide
17th Sep 2010, 08:22
Hi Zerotohero thanks for the response and respectful attitude.
it was a Ryanair Type rating done with CAE in EMA the whole type rating was done in EMA.

g1344304
17th Sep 2010, 15:22
applied for my rebate back in Feb, was told by my accountants it usually takes 5-6 months, having contacted them recently they have said its now taking 6-9 months

ast83
20th Sep 2010, 05:28
My understanding was you either do the rating in Holland with CAE, in Stockholm with OAA, or at EMA with Ryanair. I'm sure I will soon be corrected if wrong. How recently did you do the TR? I'm not aware of any setup whereby cadets have done tr's at EMA through CAE. If this did happen I suspect it was some time ago?

g1344304
20th Sep 2010, 15:21
all the type ratings at ema are provided by cae at ema, cae is who your contract is with and there are big cae stickers on the side of the sims. actuall training is provided by ryanair sfi's/tri's

FR1A
20th Sep 2010, 15:27
and there are big cae stickers

Probably because CAE manufacture the sims!!!!!!!!

nick14
21st Sep 2010, 06:20
Yes,

Type rating done with cae at ema and received the vat back 5 months later.

The reason you get it back from the Dutch is because you pay it to the Dutch in the first place. I believe they now no longer charge you the vat and therefore no hassle.

Cheers

barrelroll4separation
22nd Sep 2010, 11:56
The Glide et al.,

I joined in July last year! Nothing back yet - makes me wonder if someone is sitting on it somewhere???!!! I have friends who joined before me and use the same accountants in DUB, and they also haven't received a rebate!

TheGlide
22nd Sep 2010, 14:05
Hi Barrelroll thanks for the info i have been waiting 9 months now but your waiting over a year, i was told it would take 6 months.
The thought crossed my mind that someone could be sitting on this money aswell.
Would anyone who have the details where the rebate is applied for in Holland,maybe they could shed some light on things ?

Mikehotel152
22nd Sep 2010, 19:56
If you paid your type rating cost of Euro 33k to CAE directly and not the lower (Vat free) sum of approx Euro 27k, the following from my Irish acountants probably also applies to you if you did your type rating in 2009:

[The Vat refund] is based on final invoice date and then it can only be filed quarterly.
Its 6-12 months from date of filing, as advised by the Dutch Tax authority.
...we file all Vat returns required and we follow up on all returns filed by us

I am still waiting... :rolleyes: