PDA

View Full Version : IE9 beta+Firefox Updtaes

BOAC
16th Sep 2010, 07:35
IE9 beta Apparently now on public release.

Mozilla appear to have suspended automatic updates to Firefox while they work out a few stability 'issues' including start-up crashes. Latest Win version 3.6.10 available via manual download.

exeng
16th Sep 2010, 10:32
Have tried IE9 beta yourself? Just wondered what your views were?

Hope you are well.

Regards
Exeng

BOAC
16th Sep 2010, 11:50
Yes - fine thanks. I leave the brave 'beta' stuff to our experts.:) Most of the initial assessments I see are positive.

green granite
16th Sep 2010, 12:53
Hmmmmm..... seems slow to me.

Mornington Crescent
20th Sep 2010, 08:51
Using IE9 as my main browser. Very good it is too.

Anyone trying it may find that you cannot post on this board because there are no fonts shown. In this case you will need to click the compatability icon which will clear the problem.

Just sharing info.

BOAC
20th Sep 2010, 09:21
Did I read somewhere that it would not 'work' on XP or was it just that it would not be 'supported'?

P.Pilcher
20th Sep 2010, 09:46
Well: I suppose that they have got to find some way to force us to shell out for a new operating system when the one we have works perfectly!
I was obliged to move from Win 95/98 to XP because of the enhanced photograph handling facilities that it provided. Although Win 7 has some attractive goodies, I don't yet see any significant leap forward in computer technology from its use. Of course when it becomes the norm to use touch screens instead of keyboard/mouse and so on.............

P.P.

green granite
20th Sep 2010, 10:47
Having used IE9 for a few days it does absolutely nothing for me at all, I find it slow, clumsy to use as they have moved things around, not a patch on FireFox 4.

BOAC
21st Sep 2010, 22:17
Good to see the auto-updates restored. 3.6.10 is still 'crashing' occasionally however on startup.

Puzzled by the reference to IE6?