PDA

View Full Version : Interested in working in the carribean

Australian Pilot
16th Sep 2010, 06:12
I am a low time Australian Pilot with 740 TT 100ME over 500 in comand 400 C200 series and airvan time I am very interested in flying in the carribean. Has anyone got any success/failure stories what to aim for what to avoid. All advise welcome. It is a little overwhelming applying all the way fm oz has anyone any advice of where or how to start? Also any advise on what needs to be done to convert my Australian License.:ok:

Flying Mechanic
17th Sep 2010, 14:51
If you are planning to go down there, get your FAA tickets, almost essential for job hunting down there. General as rule u need about 700 hours and over 150 multi.I went down there in 2003 and got a job on a Aztec, I had 2000 hours at the time.I enjoyed my time donw there.

goldypilot
19th Sep 2010, 12:00
Mate im also thinking about heading over for a bit of fun flying. What is the money like??? and are there lots of young people out for some fun or whats the deal??

Flying Mechanic
19th Sep 2010, 15:35
pretty hard place to get a job, most hiring occurs in sept/oct. The problem with caribean islands ist not cheap to hang out waiting for jobs.I worked in Bahamas and Turks and Caicos, Bahamas was pricey place to live. I know in the Turks , a thriving GA air taxi business has been hit by hi speed boats.I have had mates who have worked in Antigua, Virgin Islands, Mustique and St Vincents, in all cases they ventured out there and knocked on doors!!You need to the meet and great, sending CV's is waste of time.Go down there with a bit of cash for sure!.

goldypilot
20th Sep 2010, 05:54
yer how much experience are we talking??

500 plus
1000plus
1500plus
2000plus

Give me an idea