PDA

View Full Version : AERAD Manchester area chart circa mid-seventies

cieloitaliano
15th Sep 2010, 22:43
Anyone know if these are still available from some resource or other? Ty.

crispey
16th Sep 2010, 19:35
I may have one deep inside a cupboard.I could try to scan it.If I can find it.

cieloitaliano
17th Sep 2010, 13:51
That is most gracious and magnanimous of you.

crispey
17th Sep 2010, 15:50
OK.I will have a look for it.I'm not promising.I have a lot of junk in my cupboards as well as my head.

crispey
21st Sep 2010, 13:48
I have found an undated chart which is a bit tattered.It is an Aerad radio navigation Chart covering Glasgow down to the French coast and Ireland across to London.It may be missing parts.

I cannot see a date on it anywhere but to help it contains the fan markers at Leek and Pt.Lynas,the 2 NDBs at MAN(no MCT).The airways are shown as Red 3,Amber 1 etc.The controlling authority is shown as Preston Airways for the Manchester area.This may help to date it.

I also have the Aerad High Altitude chart Effective June 1985 which covers UK to Turkey.

cieloitaliano
22nd Sep 2010, 22:54
I remember the NDB's, (ME & MCR), and the fan markers on the mid-seventies AERAD area chart for runway 24 and 06 at Manchester.
Thnx for digging them out.

crispey
27th Sep 2010, 14:38
I have scanned it if you want a copy.Just tell me where to send it

ZOOKER
27th Sep 2010, 15:45
I would be interested in seeing it too.
Has it got the Penketh intersection on it? I bet DENBY is called Millbrook. Don't forget the Oldham NDB (OLD344?) and the 'Oscar Echo. :ok:
Aerad produced similar charts for the Birmingham and London Areas too.

ZOOKER
27th Sep 2010, 18:49
crispey,
if your 'undated' chart shows 'Preston Airways' as the controlling authority, it dates it prior to 29th January 1975, which, (I think), was the date that Manchester Sub-Centre opened.

crispey
28th Sep 2010, 09:10
Zooker thanks for that.

Yes it has Millbrook but I don't see Penketh(Warrington area?)It also has the Oldham NDB and the OE for Liverpool.It is not the MCR chart though as you will see from the coverage I quoted

I was flying in those days but not high enough to bother the Preston Controllers much

I guess I should be able to attach it to a post here but need a check ride on what to do.It's a 3.4MB jpeg file.Otherwise I'll mail it with the appropriate details.