PDA

View Full Version : iPhone app for roster

monster330
15th Sep 2010, 01:34
Boys n Girls,
Where would I find the link on IntraCX to download the roster onto iPhone.
Is any app required on the phone first.

Harbour Dweller
15th Sep 2010, 01:49
monster330,

MAC user:

Real Time roster has a link near the top right corner labeled iCAL
Click this to download onto your MAC.
Drag the downloaded folder into iCAL
Sync with iPhone

(no special app required)

PC user:

sorry, no idea

monster330
15th Sep 2010, 01:59
Thanks HD,
Got it. Quick reply!- Quiet day huh??
Cheers
Monster:ok:

Bograt
15th Sep 2010, 07:14
Roster changes are a bit of a pain, because you can't download an individual flight. It seems that you have to d/l the new month entirely, drag to iCal, then go through and delete the duplicated duties, then sync (as per the above instructions).

Anyone got a quicker method?

BusyB
15th Sep 2010, 07:45
email the roster to yourself and load it on your iphone as an email:ok:

bigbeerbelly
16th Sep 2010, 17:22
I use a google account. Download the ical link onto my PC then import it into google calendar. On iphone settings, select mail/contacts/calendars, add the gmail account. I only turn on the calendar function for this gmail account. So my roster shows up in my iphone calendar. Then I added the same gmail account to my wife's iphone and she gets all my roster info immediately. Yes roster changes are a pain...

BBB

Red Hot Poker
18th Sep 2010, 09:20
Print Roster at work, fold and place in wallet..

kmagyoyo
18th Sep 2010, 19:37
Can't you just delete the old roster in iCal, import the new ICS file then re-sync?

Caveat I don't own an iphone.

Numero Crunchero
20th Sep 2010, 18:38
Someone else gave me this idea so I can't take credit but it works a treat.

Everytime you download an Ical, save it as a new calendar. It will have a long unwieldy title. Then if your roster changes, save the new Ical as a new Calendar and then simply delete the old one.

Now if like me you want to keep a record going back years, what I do after the month has finished is download the previous roster, as it actually happened(timings and all) as a generic roster - in my case i use WORK.

So on my iphone I have say Work (for all rosters up to and including August), one new calendar CRWXXX-201010-201009181513 for my October roster and one like it for September. Now once I get to early October, I will go and download the Ical for September but this time save it as WORK and then delete the CRWXXX roster for Sept.

If you still can't do it, PM me.
cheers

jetset
22nd Sep 2010, 15:34
I use ical and when I have a roster change and want to upload a new roster,

I type my crew name CRWXXX into the search bar,

I can then select the first day of the month in the list that comes up,

scroll to the last day of the month and then shift-select the last day thereby selecting the whole month.

Hit the delete key....

then upload the new version of the roster and presto.

I find that way it is easier to keep it synced with mobileme if that is what you are doing. Rather than having a new roster for each month.

Hope that helps (and makes some sense!)

Cheers :bored:

SMOC
23rd Sep 2010, 02:52
In iCal just click the roster month you want to delete and then hit the apple + delete button, it'll ask are you sure you want to delete the iCal called SEPT or whatever you named it, hit yes then download the new roster with the changes and rename it SEPT or whatever.

Bograt
23rd Sep 2010, 14:46
Excellent suggestions. Thanks one & all.

welshboy1982
2nd Feb 2011, 11:28
I don't have an iPhone, but I do have a MacBook and would like to download my cabin crew roster onto iCal... How do I do this?

bugsquash1
4th Feb 2011, 23:09
Download ical roster
open ical
file tab
select import then import
find downloaded file select then
select import
:ok: