PDA

View Full Version : Where's the stop?

Alsacienne
14th Sep 2010, 22:05
The KLM timetable shows a stop for the following services but I've not been able to discover where it is ....

If you could tell me the place, I'd be most grateful to know the arrival and departure times at the stop site and also if passengers already on the plane will have to deplane and reboard ...............

KL563 dep AMS 10H15 arr KGL (Kigali) 21H25 (no idea!!)
KL564 dep KGL 22H30 arrive AMS 08H15 (I'm guessing that this stop might be Entebbe (EBB) ... but would like to know for sure!)

Many thanks for all your help!

BR944
14th Sep 2010, 22:40
This flight starts operating 31st October (5 times weekly)

KL 563 AMS 1015 EBB 2015 2115 KGL 2125

KL 564 KGL 2230 EBB 0035 0145 AMS 0815

Sorry, no idea if transit passengers remain onboard or can disembark at EBB.

Alsacienne
15th Sep 2010, 12:19
Many thanks!! The fact that the flight isn't yet current is perhaps why I had so much trouble getting the stop details .... I did a lot of tracking so got the return sussed but not the outward! May I ask where you got the info? (Probably the 'bleedin' obvious' but I'm not particularly logical!!) Again many thanks.

KBPsen
15th Sep 2010, 12:27
It's in the KLM timetable, believe it or not.

Click on the little "+" sign. (http://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/prepare_for_travel/up_to_date/timetable/timetable_result.htm?lang%3Den%26country%3Dgb%26drct%3Dn%26d p%3Dyyyy-MM-dd%26sky%3Dn%26depdate%3D2010-12-15%26dest%3DKGL%26org%3DAMS%26oneway%3Dtrue)

ConstantFlyer
15th Sep 2010, 13:18
In these days of point-to-point loco and alliance hub operations, it seems that scheduled services with a stop en route are fewer and farther between. There are, though, still several places where one can indulge a love of multiple stops, if you so wish, such as Norway, Argentina and West Africa. And indeed, many of the big legacy carriers do combine some medium and longer-haul services for a couple of destinations. I suppose this is particularly convenient when serving places with short runways that would not themselves support long-haul flights, such as some Caribbean islands. I remember getting a strange look when booking a Southwest flight across the USA for choosing a service with three stops en route instead of a non-stop flight. And the Loganair inter-island service in Orkney is still very much on my 'to do' list. I think Aer Lingus still stops at Shannon on its Dublin-Boston flights too. KLM has, of course, a lot of experience in multi-stop flights: I think it's original Amsterdam-Batavia (Indonesia) services had about 20 stops in the 1930s and took 12 days.

See picture of en route stops at http://www.vrcurassow.com/2dvrc/maps/klmoost.jpg

Alsacienne
15th Sep 2010, 14:30
It's in the KLM timetable, believe it or not.
Well darn it! Doggon !!!! And other expletives deleted.

And there I was trying Skyscanner ... and all the dead ends possible. I did check (or thought I did) KLM to begin with but it would only say ONE STOP ... and nothing more.

A very big T H A N K Y O U for your help .... and education!! The simplest ways are the best ways!! And it must be my lucky day because ET's website is actually working for me today ... it's always hung up on me, and when I sent an email to the contact address, I got .................. 55 auto replies telling me that my query would be dealt with after 27 September .... and loads of machine code. Today I got a reply telling me what I'd already guessed ... no interlining of baggage between CDG and SXB. Seems ET don't want to belong to any of the major airline supporters clubs.......................

Cymmon
21st Sep 2010, 15:45
As for Loganair, try Kirkwall-Westray-Papa Westray, break journey, Papa Westray-North Ronaldsay-Kirkwall.
Cost me £30 last year, got 4 flights then a free miniature bottle of Whisky and a certificate to prove I´d flown on the world´s shortest scheduled flight.
Try the website for up to date timetable info.

PS: Flew Kirkwall-Edinburgh-Birmingham same day, 6 sectors!!!! Nice,
Beat my 5 sectors in france, on Caravelles, mercures and A300B2´s!!!!