PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix East Aviation

DeltaGolf
14th Sep 2010, 21:27
Hey everyone,

does anyone know about this school located in Daytona Beach, FL ??? I've read they have a few programs offering the F-1 Visa, and they say you might have a chance on staying as a Flight Instructor with them.

Anyone who knows the latest about PEA and their F-1 VISA program??

I appreaciate it in advance, I've read older posts, but they are from 2006, that doesn't work for me now :)

Thanks

DeltaGolf
15th Sep 2010, 00:24
Hey SoCal,

I know I am already a FAA Commercial pilot and also CFI.

I'm looking for information for a friend of mine, he is from Chile. He is a Chilean CPL holder and he's looking to get the FAA Certificates and he is wondering if he could work at the States. He's got in touch with PEA but you know admissions will do anything to get you in, and I'm looking more for a personal opinion

PS. I was in Minnesota for a few months, just haven't changed my location yet :D

Thanks

leondelfierro
15th Sep 2010, 16:35
I've personally investigated that after converting my certificates, but get a job as a CPL is very hard, with M-1 you might get some non-aviation related jobs.... J-1 is better but only for Ab-Initio, that means you get the J-1 only i f you buy the whole training, and is issued by some select Flight Schools only, and once you finish training you get 18 months to get practical experience (commonly FI), but not allowed in M-1
Mostly no one, specially in the US aviation industry will hire someone with papers out of line.
Basically the only chance to get a Pilot Job in US not being a citizen, is the (un)famous Green Card...

DeltaGolf
15th Sep 2010, 22:42
Flight schools are no longer issuing J-1, that's why I was asking for someone under the F-1 VISA at Phoenix East if they could give me some information... I was in a flight school under J-1 VISA and was offerde the job as a CFI... but like I said, no J-1 VISAs anymore, and the only chance now is the F-1

apparently not much information in the forum

thanks anyway !

PIELORD
16th Sep 2010, 14:26
Hi

I'm currently training at PEA, if you have any questions I would be happy to answer them.:8

DeltaGolf
17th Sep 2010, 04:48
Don't worry SoCal I got the info now, but you are wrong saying you can't work under F-1 VISA. Yes you can work, if i'm not wrong up to 20 hours weekly. And YES, they do give the VISA to Commercial Pilots, how do I know? I've got plenty of friends at former Delta Connection, now Aerosim Flight, who are under F-1 VISA, thanks to Embry Riddle sponsors them.

And I don't know what you want to call it, but under J-1 VISA you do get offered a job, you sign a contract and everything is legal. J1 VISA was for the purpose of education including working in the area of your study, CFI. Or at least that's what every approved flight school was doing, and now they are doing with the F-1.

And last thing, I am saying what I know about VISA's, I don't work in that area, and Im not an expert so this is my point of view.

Good night !

DeltaGolf
17th Sep 2010, 22:53
dude, again this is not for me, I did CFI already, and I have a work in Chile, believe me.

I did my CFI last year at another school in FL. Before doing it, I spoke to PEA (i was already a CPL) and they STILL OFFERED ME the F-1 VISA with possiblity of staying as an instructor there... I didn't do much search on them, THAT'S WHY I'm trying to get some info for my friend now... Like I said, I have a few schools that I have recommended to my friend, and this is another one...

and like I said, i'm not an expert and I don't wanna spend time on going to talk to USCIS or SEVIS, that's why I want personal opinions from PEOPLE who went or are attending to the school.

Thanks SoCal for the info