PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair BHX-TFS 21Sept

matjr79
14th Sep 2010, 19:46
Hi All,

Ryanair BHX-TFS 21sep.

Wondering what the typical routing is on this leg and if it will be affected by the French ATC stike action next week. I am flying on the 21st.

Matjr79

towser
14th Sep 2010, 21:19
I doubt you'll be directly affected I suspect the routing will avoid french airspace. You might get a knock-on effect from earlier delays to the aircraft however.

Utrinque
14th Sep 2010, 22:22
The route will take you over French airspace.

These strikes are common .. normally resulting in "slot times" which delay a lot of flights. In very rare cases flights are cancelled (not normally Canary Islands because they are high revenue sectors). If the slot times are in excess of approx fours hours, "re-routes" can be filed but this is a bit of a lottery as they can also be subject to slot times.

At best you can expect a delay - of course once one flight is delayed the knock on effect is huge.

Good luck!

Callsign Kilo
18th Sep 2010, 23:23
I would imagine towards the SW to route across the western coast of France towards Northern Spain, then Portugal and out over the Atlantic towards the Canaries (standard TFS/LPA/FUE/ACE routing)

Delays and slot allocation a lottery, however FR Ops will push these due to lengthy sector times and crew flight time limitations. Talk is that they are looking at transatlantic crossing points to avoid French ATC altogether and save fuel. However this wouldn't be until next year earliest.