PDA

View Full Version : Where for ATPL exams?

lord_jakub
14th Sep 2010, 18:41
Hello,

One simple question. My dream is to fly for low cost, like ryanair, easy jet, ... I come from Poland. Would it be any diffrence for my future employer if I made all ATPL exams in Poland, rather than in England? I am asking because I have an opportunity to make all exams in UK. I made my PPL in UK, all the rest I am going to make in Poland (is cheaper). But I can go to UK for passing exams of ATPL. Would it be better to have papers of ATPL from UK during interview? Or it is really the same as long as Poland is part of EU?

Thanks

Greg2041
15th Sep 2010, 07:48
I wouldn't think so but please reveal your passion for low cost airlines?

lord_jakub
15th Sep 2010, 09:34
The answer is easy. Who would employ pilot with 100 PIC and around 200 hours total??? Only low cost. I think it`s not bed idea for the beginning of my career. This is the only one reason. I have no chance for national, huge airline with experience like that.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I`ve been told also, that salary in low cost is not so bed (4000 - 5000 thousand pounds) per month.

lander66
15th Sep 2010, 10:32
I think it is true that low-cost airlines nowadays give you a starting salary which is as good or even better than some majors. They also tend to have faster career progression, although I think the salary is limited a little lower than those of major carriers. The main problem with them is probably job security, although saying that, if I was at BA right now I would be a little worried.