PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 Medical

smoothbore
14th Sep 2010, 18:18
I had my second renewal at AFCME Delhi. They cleared me but with limitations : Fit to fly as PIC with an experienced pilot ONLY, due low Hemoglobin=11. Should be more than 11.5
Is this normal? Should I go to Air Force Station Palam and get it checked again or just wait till my next medical.

nikaviator
14th Sep 2010, 21:42
No matter how you proceed, it is important that you first get your haemogoblin up to par inorder to remove the limitation...11 is not that bad, that is if you don't have a progressive thalasemmia.

You can easily increase your hb count....try iron tablets and folic acid twice a day for about two weeks, if you are not allergic to any of these tablets that is. Then proceed for re-check at a private lab first before you do a re-medical, submit an appeal etc. you should be up to atleast .5 if not more by then....

Continue with the tablets for a while, excercise, and consume food rich in iron, loads of dark green leafy stuff like spinach if you a vegetarian...that should do.

Good luck...

smoothbore
15th Sep 2010, 04:24
I got it checked from MaxHealthCare, Saket and one more pvt. lab and it showed 12.3 and 12 resp. I even showed the reports to the AFCME ppl but they just wont consider it.
I have been taking Dexorange tablets twice a day and following a proper diet, green leafy stuff, pomegranate, vegetable soup etc.

nikaviator
15th Sep 2010, 07:42
My suggestion would be to go to max panscheel and get the test for hb done, this is also the DGCA official class one center...don't mention that you are a pilot or that you are getting it done just to double check, as max panscheel is not permitted to do that if you have a problem with another center...this is by some weird dgca order....just ask for a regular hb checkup.

If the results are ok, approach vipin sharma, the dgms,then ask him how to proceed to remove the limitation from your certificate, whether he can give you an noc for a re-medical, and what are your options....meanwhile keep up with green leafy veggies and all that.