View Full Version : Ag Plane Crash WA

solowflyer
14th Sep 2010, 10:11
Anyone no any details of the crash out of geraldton This Arvo PM if you want

Ex FSO GRIFFO
15th Sep 2010, 02:42
It seems very few details released as yet, other than to say;

- the pilot was the only occupant
- the crash occurred at about 4.15pm yesterday (Tues 14th) at a property in Chapman Vally about 35kms E of GN
- 2 ATSB investigators from CB and 2 from PH will be attending later today.

Very small 'item' on page 7 today's 'West'.
Acft type not mentioned as yet.

Sad event all the same though.

C82R
15th Sep 2010, 04:58
The aircraft was an Ag-wagon and the pilot one of the nicest blokes you'd ever meet.

Chadzat
15th Sep 2010, 05:42
Thats such a shame to see. I have been operating into GET quite a bit this past week and have spoken to, I assume, this guy as traffic on the CTAF on a few occasions.

Was pretty good weather up there all day yesterday.

185skywagon
15th Sep 2010, 07:39
and the pilot one of the nicest blokes you'd ever meet.

you can say that again.

HarleyD
16th Sep 2010, 01:21
Another loss to the Australian Ag Pilot fraternity. Many of them the best blokes you couild meet and with flying skill levels that are beyond the understanding or imagination of most pilots. These guys are unsung heroes in the general aviation world and fly to the narrowest of margins day in and day out to bring affordable high quality food to your tables and clothing for you and your families.

I hope this guy is now spraying where the wires are all high, the trees are perfectly placed and the crops are planted in long straight rows, where the farmers are honest, they have stunner daughters and the wind is never toward the susceptibles. Where the conditions are smooth and the sun is high, the fuel is plentiful and clean and the mixer polishes your windscreen every load. Where the boss is understanding and gives you a day off whenever you want and the phone doesn't ring after 5pm, or before 7am. A place where you don't have to worry about the EPA, cos they're all in the other place.

Blue skies mate.

Bloody hell, I just saw that Bourkie went in in April at AYR when i was googling this prang. I was OS for a while and missed the news. very sad, he was a real identity too.

HD

ozaggie
16th Sep 2010, 09:32
Bugger, no more Amber Ales at the convention. Words fail me. RIP mate.:{