PDA

View Full Version : Study Guides and Aerodrome Choice

T.Will
13th Sep 2010, 10:38
Hi,

I had a red letter day experience flight in a Cessna 152 at Stapleford last year I believe.
I've always had an interest in aircraft and computers since beyond 13 and I'm now 24.

I would like to get a pilot's license and I'm currently deciding between The Pilot Centre in Denham and where I had my first flight at Stapleford.
According to Google Maps, it would take the same amount of time to get to either @ 41 mins. There's not much difference in milege either.

I've read a few "recommendation" posts about each flight school and they seem to be on par with each other.

What I would like to know is; What are the best study guides to get and what equipment would I need? or are these provided by the school?

Thanks in advanced.
T.Will

T.Will
13th Sep 2010, 11:56
Air Pilots Manuals - Trevor Thom Books - Flight Training (http://www.transair.co.uk/aviation_training_books.asp?SID=1&Category_ID=466)

Do I need all volume's of these book's?

The500man
14th Sep 2010, 14:30
You won't need the instrument book for ppl level but before buying maybe check out the student packs at pooleys and other online pilot shops.

TopazBlue
14th Sep 2010, 18:42
I just bought a whole set of the latest edition books off ebay for 45 quid. Not a bad saving compared to buying new from Amazon website.