PDA

View Full Version : HS / BAe.125's withdrawn from service

Art Smass
13th Sep 2010, 04:52
Hi All

There are many of the early series HS.125's now being withdrawn from use, with very little info about where they are located - which is a bugger for people like myself who try and document this kind of stuff.

So - if on your travels around the world you happen across any 125 looking abandoned and WFU, I would be eternally grateful if you could let me know where and when, and what marks the aircraft is carrying.

The US and Africa are probably the likliest locations but info from anywhere would be welcomed.

Very many thanks in advance

AS

PaperTiger
13th Sep 2010, 14:01
There are several in Dodson's HUGE boneyard at Rantoul, Kansas.

JetPhotos.Net Photo » Private Hawker Siddeley HS-125-600A by Burmarrad (http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5973867&nseq=10)

If you drop them a line, they might give you the identities.

ajfreeman
13th Sep 2010, 16:10
There is a HS-125 wfu at Cranfield G-OHEA i believe, and one is at the Midland Air Museum, Coventry G-ARYB.

Andrew

Art Smass
14th Sep 2010, 00:41
Thanks PaperTiger

It's generally not the airframes that go to the major "parter outers" that are the problem. It's more those that the operator decides have become uneconomical to service / repair, or the operator goes bust and the airframe subsequently sits and rots "out the back" of some third level airport that are hard to locate.

The inventory of Dodson and White Industries are pretty well documented in enthusiast circles.

Thanks again for your input

AS

Art Smass
14th Sep 2010, 00:44
ajfreeman - thanks also to you for responding

AS