PDA

View Full Version : Removing the Co-Pilot restriction from the ATPL

Jimmy The Big Greek
12th Sep 2010, 21:38
Can someone please tell me whats the process to remove the "Co-Pilot" limitation from the ATPL license.

I have read that I need to do a Left hand seat simulator check and it does NOT need to be done with a Spanish TRE.

Do I need a special application form for this? Where do I get it.

What else do I need to do?

wind check
16th Sep 2010, 10:27
the best thing to do is to convert your licence into any jar country and say bye bye to the spanish dgac and their tonterias. :)

Giggey
16th Sep 2010, 14:43
If what you are trying to do is convert your license to UK, just do an LPC in UK, done by a UK TRE and it will go over this stupid restriction on your license when you will get the new converted one.

It's the only solution.

Suerte.

ViejaEscuela
1st Oct 2010, 17:53
Hello,

You have to do a SIM of 2h on the left seat ( that meens you can share a SIM with someone), the TRE needs to complete the first page of the 1240 form but putting you has CAPTAIN PIC in the form.
DGAC will give you a new license without the COPILOTO in your TR..
But very important, every LPC you do you have to ask the TRE that sign you license to put you has PIC (captain) on the 1240 form. ( that meens that this TRE can accept or not). If he´s not weeling to do so, then you have to do another SIM on the left seat to renew your NO COPILOTO in your license.

I hope it serves you for something

samca
22nd Oct 2010, 11:53
Thats not true at all.

A company must give you a captain course in which you will recieve :

Operator conversion SIM check by a TRE authorithed for the DGAC for the company + all the courses necesaries that says the OPS Manual Part D, that mean, CRM, Dangerous goods...

Then the company purpose you as a captain and include the 1240 format with the rest of the documents to our maravillosa DGAC and they remove the restriction from your licence.

Good luck:ugh:

gibas
26th Oct 2010, 17:16
Hi,

I went through this nightmare 2 years ago and finally I got it, pero fue la hostia bendita (the blessing hostia, pa entendernos).

My advice, save time and money and transfer your licence to any other sate, the uk or ireland is a good option. Normal people who know what they are doing.

Buena Suerte.

Jimmy The Big Greek
25th Nov 2010, 17:15
thank you for the replys,

Can I remove the copilot restriction at the same time as I do the ATPL skills test. Can the examiner put me as PIC in 1240 form at the inititial ATPL skills test, or must it be on a second skills test?

I wanted to convert to U.K license but they are asking me for proof of residency of which I do not have.