PDA

View Full Version : Turkish Airlines: Captain

Jumeirah James
12th Sep 2010, 12:09
Dear Ladies and Gents,

Would someone who has joined recently as a direct entry Captain in Turkish airlines, kindly post with details about the job, pay, time off, living in IST etc? I've searched but it mostly pertains to FO's joining.

Many thanks

James

gyro4
12th Sep 2010, 13:16
Likewise, I would greatly appreciate the same info on roster, life, working relations with the local crews.
Gracias.

flyinghawk
17th Sep 2010, 17:54
Well, living in Istanbul is really nice, Expensive though. Working with Turkish peoples is another thing, Language problem even within the airline from high rank to regular employees, pay wise is just like the others BUT you spend more on living in IST. All the best,

fullforward
18th Sep 2010, 04:21
A friend of mine, B777 cap, fed up of the sand pit as well, just returned from the interview/sim in IST.
SIM: hotel pick up late 1,5 hours; 737 sim, which my chap flew last time 25 years ago. Guys shouting in Turk, chaotic scheme, multiple failures, very unprofessional, to say the least. He just asked to stop the sim and told he don't need that s....t.
Packed his stuff and flew back.
Interestingly, he's not the only one that tell that.:ugh:

411A
18th Sep 2010, 05:00
Guys shouting in Turk...
We had a couple like that at SV on the L1011 years ago (THY guys on loan to SV)...even in the brief/debrief, you could not understand a word they were saying.
Still, everyone passed...:\:}
One returned to THY and became the director general of the airline.

PBY
18th Sep 2010, 06:47
I think the screaming and shouting and the low level of proffesionalism is normal in southern Europe and 3rd world countries. I would not give up on the job because of that, because the actual job can be ok, once you make it through the training circus.