PDA

View Full Version : Telephone Interview JET2

turbulence315
11th Sep 2010, 17:58
Has anyone heard back from Jet2 following the telephone interviews?

M0.76
12th Sep 2010, 12:45
Anyone?????

It's all gone quiet after a rapid start!!

Oscar84
12th Sep 2010, 13:06
HelloFirst of all thank's to everybody.I already applied 2 weeks ago via website for the first officer possition with jet2, but I only have the automatic response from the website Have you any other type of respone?I rode that some people had the phone interview, but I don't know what experience they had.Have you any news?Thank's

emirates001
12th Sep 2010, 15:54
I applied for the Direct Entry Inexperienced First Officer. Almost two weeks ago now, but haven't heard anything yet. I have 1000+hrs

EGCC Wannabe
12th Sep 2010, 22:16
nothin'.
(700h - Inexperienced FO application).

Captain_Bling
13th Sep 2010, 15:23
I've not heard back either though i know they are taking on cadets through Oxford Aviation in October so my advice to everybody would be to keep on trying.

norton2005
13th Sep 2010, 17:52
There taking on oxford cadets right now!!!

There was a selection commitee on friday just gone to get a shortlist of candidates for interview. Interviews are being held in oxford this thursday and friday. Thats right, jet2 are coming to the cadets instead of cadets going to leeds. then after the interviews they are choosing 15 to start type rating on the 4th october, 3 weeks from now. Type rating will be up in manchester. there gonna put some of the 15 on 737, and some of the 15 on the 757.

And this is not theory, its fact, its how its going down! So maybe there taking so long to get back to some people because there busy getting this sorted first before they move onto everyone else.

2 Whites 2 Reds
13th Sep 2010, 20:32
Well in the spirit of good will, very best of luck to the OAA guys and girls. I really do mean that. I just hope the rest of us get a look in.

2W2R :ok:

Vone Rotate
14th Sep 2010, 15:46
I think the CTC thing is down to cost.

I passed the selection for ATP last year and on the day they told us the client ie the airline pay for either Wings cadets or ATP cadets as its part of the package to be type rated. I guess its an unnecessary expense with lots of guys and girls to pick from at the moment.

I'm guessing OAA have stuck a deal with them on the sim time ie type ratings LPC's etc etc and in return they give some of there cadets a shot at being recruited.

What annoys me is when OAA say ALL future cadets will come from them. Yes there is a link thats obvious but I know at least 4 low hours people going through the process right now who are not oxford students.

If I'd payed 50k more for my training than someone else going through the selection at the same time as me after being told it would only be cadets from my school I'd feel a bit cheated I think:=

That said best of luck to all from oxford (and the other schools for that matter) with the recruitment:ok:

I heard Glasgow is lovely March time;)

monkeynutz
17th Sep 2010, 23:46
No cadets are going onto the B757 only onto the B737 for several reasons!

The current situation is that they are only going to consider cadets who are or who have been through OAA. That is the current state of play. Also the number of cadets required is actually quite low.

MexIman
19th Sep 2010, 07:57
I have put in an application as well and are hoping for an interview. Can anybody uncover some of the subjects that you might be presented for during the interview. What do they ask you about?:)

mumblinjim
22nd Sep 2010, 21:37
I got a call to say my application would not be taken any further as i haven't completed a JOC.:(

Oscar84
23rd Sep 2010, 22:47
Hello dear mumblinjim.

Can yo tell me just a little bit your background, how much hours you have?
How long you were waiting since you applied until you got the call?

Thank's a lot

Best regards

John Alcock
24th Sep 2010, 10:24
For mumblinjim;
Sorry to hear your application wasn't taken further, but in fairness the requirements did specify that non-rated inexperienced applicants required a JOC.

Vone Rotate
26th Sep 2010, 09:45
Not the case....

When I applied it didn't mention anywhere about a JOC!

It appeared a couple of weeks later once they decided to 'thin out' the applicants.

Anyone recommend a good JOC? Doesn't matter too much where as the CAA don't regulate these courses anyway so a good flight sim set up on a PC will do just fine!:ugh:

John Alcock
26th Sep 2010, 21:15
Vone Rotate,

If that's the case, I apologise for my previous abrupt post! It would seem a little harsh of Jet2 though to advertise based on one set of requirements and recruit to another.

All the bits I saw required a JOC, but perhaps I was a little slower on the uptake than others.

Burger81
27th Sep 2010, 08:07
Guys,

From the day the Jet2 recruitment opened it stated a JOC was required for the inexperienced first officer applications. I spoke to the recruiting captain who informed me my application would be taken no further without one, so i went and got one.
Last week when I went on to redo my application (first one was removed due to a technical error!!) the application process had closed. I phoned the same guy who informed me that due to the amount of applicants, they had to close the recruitment process for inexperienced first officer and that all assessment dates had been set and filled!! :{ :ugh::mad:
He said it would be this time next year again before recruitment opened again for us low houred guys! :(

Spit-Fire
27th Sep 2010, 19:51
Don't worry Jim get a JOC done and reapply

spidersurf
28th Sep 2010, 18:10
hello, i had my phone interview yesterday and i was wondering if you could tell me when did they tell you that you had passed after the phone interview? in one-two days? a week maybe?

you know if people who didnīt pass , received the answer inmediately, perhaps only one-two hrs after?

thanks in advance