PDA

View Full Version : Is this common in Brazil?

flyingswiss
11th Sep 2010, 16:08
Is it common that in Brazil they never answer when you send a CV? In the case they are not interested, like couple formal lines saying they don`t need you for the job. Some places ask you to send in a ton of papers in, that then never gets sent back.

Funny is that if you try to contact them about booking a flight, they answer right away.

is this normal?

Togue
11th Sep 2010, 17:32
I think is not just in Brazil that you'll find the same habit.

Soave_Pilot
12th Sep 2010, 02:33
Yeap! Very normal :cool:

TOFFAIR
12th Sep 2010, 15:14
Worse than that: If they have interest in hiring you, they call you (havent seen any company answering by email, dont know the reason why) and they tell you they have an interview date for you the same week! in my oppinion they have to think you stay at home for maybe 2 years or so, just waiting to get their call... and then be readywith all the papers needed.
Next year they want to hire expats, if the law changes really pass through, i wonder if the arogant behaviour will be kept.

alemaobaiano
12th Sep 2010, 18:52
Totally normal, and it's not only Brazil.

Many years ago companies used to acknowledge receiving your CV, and always sent a letter explaining why you didn't make the cut, and that really helped with future applications. Today, even with a full time HR department they can't be bothered :ugh:

TTFN