PDA

View Full Version : Dgca Fi(a)

phul_tempo
10th Sep 2010, 21:58
Hi
I am looking to connect to anyone holding a DGCA FIR(a) rating on this forum. :ok:

BR

Pulkdahulk
11th Sep 2010, 04:12
If you are asking about Flight Instructor Rating, I myself am also looking whom to ask. Been instructing for a year over in the US and I want to convert to DGCA FIR Aeroplane too.

I did look at the rules of conversion, but what about FI from FAA to DGCA Conversion.

I have about close to 700 hours but it would still fall under the Assistant FI rule....lets hope someone we could connect to.

I tried calling IGRUA, keeps disconnecting

phul_tempo
11th Sep 2010, 18:49
DGCA CAR's says to get an AFI one needs 200 PIC plus 10 hrs patter. for a FI(A) one needs 300 instructional in capacity of an AFI and then again 30 hrs patter.:eek::eek: :ugh:

I have currently approx 1100 hrs and DGCA is telling me to start fresh from AFI, as they dont recognise any flying as an instructor from any other country.:{ .

Is there anyone out here who went for direct FI(a) rating ?

euindkan
13th Sep 2010, 18:27
DGCA CAR's is a long list of regulations. If you are aware there's a specific Rule 160, according to which DG can exempt anyone from any rule by powers invested in him by the Central Govt of India.

So try explaning your case :ugh: or try $$:E.