PDA

View Full Version : easyJet and flexi FO.....

superced
10th Sep 2010, 17:25
"a number of experienced Airbus A320 qualified FOs and SFOs were identified from the CTC and Parc FlexiCrew pool of pilots and provisionally offered an easyJet contract of employment subject to certain criteria being met. Much of this qualifying criteria involved their technical and non technical performance flying for us over this Summer. We have recently completed our assessment of these pilots."

"To ensure that we get the best pilots for these roles we will be
holding an open and transparent selection process for these opportunities."

"involved their technical and non technical performance":yuk::yuk:

Saint
10th Sep 2010, 17:35
So which selection criteria would you rather have been used?

1. Ability
2. Experience
3. Seniority/start date
4. Random

superced
10th Sep 2010, 19:04
no sick and fatigue call. accept everything ... that's the criteria.

Eddie Hitler
10th Sep 2010, 21:57
Superced, Not so!
I have been offered a permanent contract and have called in both sick and fatigued in the last 6 months. When there have been duties rostered that have exceeded FTL's I have said so and got them changed.
Looks like a tub of vaseline isn't the requirement for a job with easyJet!

ReallyAnnoyed
10th Sep 2010, 22:56
I don't have that much to say on this topic yet, other than you have an awesome name in here, EH! :E

superced
11th Sep 2010, 07:39
"Looks like a tub of vaseline isn't the requirement for a job with easyJet!"

:=

Norman Stanley Fletcher
13th Sep 2010, 17:49
Despite the wholly negative view displayed by supersad and others, this is not quite the stitch-up being presented here. Nonetheless, although I do not think that this will be based on sickness rates etc, it is still not as it should be. The system has been tweaked to ensure that the ex-BMI guys are given a ludicrously unfair advantage in the selection process. The only way to do this was seniority based on date of joining. Instead we have a system where management preference based on far-from-transparent criteria are used. If a pilot is good enough to fly the line with easyJet and is not subject to disciplinary action or professional failings that are clearly documented, then there can be no reason not to offer them a permanent job.

Supersad - you used to work for Ryanair and hated it there. You now work for easyJet and hate it here. May I strongly recommend you find a new employer very quickly from the wide range who are recruiting right now. Maybe the week after you start, just before you start hating them too, you might want to grace us with the the odd positive comment, lest our readers unwisely regard you as a negative individual.

SinBin
13th Sep 2010, 18:08
NSF, if that is the attitude that i and my 9 other 'ex bmi' colleagues have had an unfair advantage, then it's no wonder we will all be leaving at the first opportunity, how welcome do we feel? That cries of discrimination to me!:ugh:

bluelearjetdriver
13th Sep 2010, 18:21
Hmmmmm, staying at stavrosJet.... I would rather fall face first into my own vomit. I will stay until something better comes along and then urinate on the carpets on my last day.

The "company" is a bit like Australian wine, best for putting down and avoiding.

Kind regards
an ex-bmi'er

superced
13th Sep 2010, 18:24
NSF you are really smoking a very good one..... :O:O

thanks for your advice I'am doing that...

heebeegb
13th Sep 2010, 18:29
Sin Bin - you've experienced what life exists away from orange, so you're all to aware of where EZY stands in comparison. NSF and the like seem to lap up the rubbish that gets handed out and still want to put a positive spin on it.

by the sounds of it, you'll get jobs offered back at BMI - and i'm sure you'll grab it with both hands. A good move.

Mr Angry from Purley
13th Sep 2010, 20:21
Saint

How about 5/Not being French so superced can foxtrot oscar. I'm going to love seeing where he/she ends up :\

Firestorm
14th Sep 2010, 07:14
Scared or "I'm alright Jack" Selfish?

superced
14th Sep 2010, 07:48
Norman Scared fletcher (NSF).

A319-100
14th Sep 2010, 08:34
People who enjoy working for easyJet are just as entitled to their opinions as those who wish to find pastures new. If you don't like it move along. You haven't moved yet so I am guessing it's not that bad as there are options at the moment. I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I see huge room for improvement but no one will convince me that it is that bad a place to work. Then again maybe I am just happy with my current situation in the orange empire.

For what its worth NSF writes truthfully and accurately for the majority even if some postings recently in my opinion are slightly wide of the mark.

ZBMAN
14th Sep 2010, 10:40
They are too scared for fighting, but they just hide it behind being a balpa member, which in itself means nothing...

...and blame their failings on the small minority of pilots who are not Balpa members.

I too, am sick to death with the usual "it's not our fault, we need 100% membership to even consider any form of action" rethoric.

The fact is, BALPA is directly responsible for the awful deal "offered" to the flexicrew pilots. BALPA let it happen, that's the inconvenient truth. Now it is too late. Flexicrew is here to stay, the uk pay deal was accepted on the false assumption that flexicrew would end - well done BALPA:D Now we are well and truly stuffed, management must be rolling over in an uncontrollable fit of laughter, given our own ineptitude :mad:

How about 5/Not being French so superced can foxtrot oscar. I'm going to love seeing where he/she ends up

I dearly hope you won't show this attitude when you are sent to France, as this won't go down very well with the locals, to say the least. For christs sake, this was a really stupid comment to make, Mr "Angy":mad:

superced
14th Sep 2010, 21:54
A demain ZBMAN.

Norman Stanley Fletcher
17th Sep 2010, 00:46
Dear oh dear - ladies please! There is no one more aware than me of the faults of easyJet, but I have to balance that against the benefits - which are considerable. It is almost impossible in a forum like this to have a rational discussion, but I shall continue to try.

If, as appears to be the case, the ex-BMI guys want to return there en-masse, then there's the door. You are about to be given permanent contracts here ahead of all the CTC guys who were there long before you and, to my frank astonishment, you are about to turn that offer down in favour of an airline with no future. That is, of course, your prerogative but please do not bad mouth the airline that rescued you in your moment of need. For the life of me I cannot understand anyone returning to BMI with virtually no promotion prospects and to an extremely uncertain future. Regarding 'not feeling welcome', I am again disappointed to hear that. You were given a route straight to the head of the queue and offered permanent contracts plus promotion prospects you could not dream of at BMI. In addition to that, you can live all over Europe. As I have said repeatedly, easyJet is not perfect but for the BMI guys it has been fantastic. The CTC flexicrew scheme has been bad news overall, but has been a godsend to you guys in particular.

737Jock - I am disappointed to read your comments, which are both foolish and incorrect. I am up for a fight over the flexicrew system and wish to see an end to it tomorrow. I am all for fighting for the best deals available, but you may want to explain yourself more clearly as to exactly what you propose in your clear desire to lead us to the promised land. Have a rant about what a dork I am if it makes you feel better about yourself, but a few facts to back it up would be good too.

ZBMAN - BALPA is absolutely not responsible, directly or indirectly, for the flexicrew system. This was imposed upon us at our weakest moment and is only possible because we allow it. I would vote for a strike tomorrow to rid us of it and would back any industrial action 100%. It would be one of my principle aims to ensure that the only people flying easyJet aircraft are easyJet employees.

SinBin
17th Sep 2010, 08:19
erm, there are plenty of others from other airlines who have been offered the same deal as us, at least 2 from Thomson, a few from Italian carriers, one ex Flybe guy and a few others. Some of the CTC guys have also been offered permanent contracts too. I'm sorry but what is your point here?

Please don't just generalise that it's the ex bmi guys who got this deal, as it is wide of the mark!!

:*

cloud-surfer
18th Sep 2010, 12:26
I very rarely post on here but now feel that I should say my piece.

Of the 12 that came across from bmi only 9 are left. This is due to the working conditions of easyJet. High hours, flexible rostering with no opportunity to request days off meaning that it is impossible to have a life outside of work. It is also impossible to gain any leave during school holidays. Something else which again which affects our work/life balance. You should work to live not live to work which is what we are expected to do with no thought or consideration to our family lives.

As for NSF's feelings about the ex bmi guys, no wonder its not a nice place to work with that kind of animosity around in daily life. No-one would have joined the company unless there was the promise of the permanent contract at the end, they would have just gone to the sandpit but they didn't want that amount of upheaval for their family lives. This was all down to the inept crew figure planning in H89. The others to have gained the permanent contract were by the vast majority from other carriers that came with the lure of the permanent contract th help pull the company out of the mire that they had dug themselves into.

Please tell me why anyone would want to work in a company like this, especially if they have experienced better before. The only good grace is the quick commands which are on offer, but is it really worth it???

:ok:

bluelearjetdriver
18th Sep 2010, 16:59
and the saga continues:

in the "Journalists" attempt to "engage" with the workforce, all the Flexiscrewedoverbyadutchman pilots are not allowed to complete the annual employee survey (well, not the permanently-employed-pilots section anyway), as "clearly their concerns and feedback may be different to their permanent pilots"......

A separate survey will be issued for us!!!!!! I am sure all of the questions will have loads of relevance to us!!!!