PDA

View Full Version : Are You 'Gagging' to Express an Opinion on Pprune

N1 Vibes
10th Sep 2010, 04:41
Then your employer might have other ideas for your future within the company. I will say no more, for fear of further retribution from Big Brother....

Sqwak7700
12th Sep 2010, 06:36
woose:yuk:

N1 Vibes
12th Sep 2010, 08:07
Virgin Atlantic Fires 13 Cabin Crew Staff After They Criticised The Airline In A Facebook Group | UK News | Sky News (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Virgin-Atlantic-Fires-13-Cabin-Crew-Staff-After-They-Criticised-The-Airline-In-A-Facebook-Group/Article/200810415139568)

Virgin Atlantic has fired 13 cabin crew after they posted comments on Facebook, calling passengers "chavs" and suggesting the planes were full of cockroaches.

The airline said the employees' behaviour was "totally inappropriate" and "brought the company into disrepute".

It launched disciplinary action last week amid a row over a group created on Facebook, which has now been removed, about planes flying from Gatwick.

Claims that the airline's jet engines were replaced four times in one year were made on the group's discussion board.

In a statement, the airline said: "Virgin Atlantic can confirm that 13 members of its cabin crew will be leaving the company after breaking staff policies due to totally inappropriate behaviour.

"Following a thorough investigation, it was found that all 13 staff participated in a discussion on the networking site Facebook, which brought the company into disrepute and insulted some of our passengers.

"It is impossible for these cabin crew members to uphold the high standards of customer service that Virgin Atlantic is renowned for if they hold these views."

The five Virgin Atlantic Boeing 747s based at Gatwick are among the newest 747s flying worldwide. They were acquired from Boeing in 2001.

A spokesman for the airline said: "There is a time and a place for Facebook.

"But there is no justification for it to be used as a sounding board for staff of any company to criticise the very passengers who ultimately pay their salaries.

"Virgin Atlantic staff are known for their world-class customer service and there is no place in our business for anyone who behaves otherwise.

"We have numerous internal channels for our staff to feed back legitimate and appropriate issues relating to the company."

spannersatcx
12th Sep 2010, 08:15
Probably more to do with the fact they actually spoke the truth more like! :eek:

N1 Vibes
12th Sep 2010, 08:19
Indeed spanners,

but today in HKG the truth doesn't matter for much when profits or face are at stake. As long as you "come from a good family and are educated" the courts will look after you. If you speak the truth, but threaten the bottom line, your @ss will not touch the ground...

Basil
12th Sep 2010, 09:09
Aahh, I see; those comments were alleged to be posted on Face book, not FacePPRuNe :=
Perhaps I'll start a website called FacePPRuNe. :)

Ex Cathedra
12th Sep 2010, 13:28
I will never understand why people feel the urge to display their lives on display on Facebook, but to publically slur at your employer on the internet and under your own name, well, that takes balls ...and your job.

But then I suppose we should be honored at the attention we get from our illustrious employers, as not even a suspicious wife would display such determination and investigative keenness.

I wonder how much IT thinking power CX has on cracking the IDs under some of our pseudos on here.

Probably a lot, which is why the intranet is so useless...

Oops, did I publically slur? :uhoh:

Neptunus Rex
12th Sep 2010, 14:16
Was it not late last year that some lunatics started the 'Wanchai Pilots' site? They had the most ludicrous pseudonyms and made allegations about senior CX trainers, with promises of more to come. I think it lasted three months.
Did they get sussed?

N1 Vibes
13th Sep 2010, 01:36
Of course PPrune is 'anonymous', but under HK Law and commercial pressure what rights do CX have to seek justice for example for defamation of character, can they demand that PPrune admin reveal identities......this is the question you have to ask yourself.