PDA

View Full Version : Farnair pilot selection

brulin
9th Sep 2010, 20:53
Hi, i am invited for interview with Farnair and their pilot selection.
Anybody knows what is in their ATPL test??? What to expect from the simulator session?
Thanks a lot for any help.

ropraider
10th Sep 2010, 21:03
are you ATR type rated?

brulin
11th Sep 2010, 15:00
Yes I am. 1370h on type, ATPL licens.

21-Lancer
22nd Sep 2010, 14:29
lucky you.
will you keep us up to date regarding the assesment process?

thank you in advance!

SkyRed1
22nd Sep 2010, 22:46
Good luck with the assessment at Farnair.
I have never worked for them but have an idea of the sort of interview process they have.
First they will give you an interview with a panel,pilot,hr etc,asking numerous questions about the ATR,previous experience,general stuff.
Secondly they give a brief sim check on the frasca,to test handling/instrument skills.
Recently they were asking for a 10,000 euro bond even for experienced guys,I know good guys who didnt even bother to go because of this,cheek in my opinion!
Pay is bad for F/O,base is in Cologne,pay your own way there,commute at own expense,flying night freight typically throughout Europe,18 days away from home.
In my opinion as you are experienced try ACL Air Contractors,this is a First Class outfit based as you are probably aware in Dublin,great guys,excellent managers,excellent work pattern great money,bases in number of places including Prague!!
So get on the phone to Mr Barry Murphy or call Swords Dublin,
In todays market which has rebounded very sharply recently dont take second best especially with your exp heading towards a Command,Farnair reputation poor salaries,poor everything,if you are new to this game pay the bond ,my advise to you DONT!
Good luck to you!!

brulin
24th Sep 2010, 19:04
Thanks to all of you...I have passed the selection but i prefere to stay with my curent employer, just in case i would be fired i have a back up.
The selection was very much about interwievs i think they were three. Lot of questions like "why we should select you".... People were very nice....the only problem that they do not offer diferent rosters and i think i would have first divorse to take this job....
There was also sim check, just basic IFR skills. Than ATPL test, not too hard.

Conclusion is that i keep my job with CSA and just in case i loose it (CSA is reducing fleet) i will have to take something much harder than what i have now.

Good luck and thanks, especialy to SkyRed1,,,, i will try to contact Air Contractors.
Ciao

21-Lancer
2nd Dec 2010, 21:01
Any details about wat they offer? Roster and maybe a payment scheme?

giova66
5th Aug 2011, 19:53
Any up to date infos?

hotelmodemetar
8th Aug 2011, 07:08
Apparently they have started the P2F scheme: You pay for type rating and 500 hours and once you are done you are replaced by another P2F F/O. This scheme has been in place for a couple of years now at another european ATR operator and so far the managers and accountants are very happy.

Tekor Bali
5th Sep 2011, 15:53
opportunity to be hired after the 500 hours?

hardcase
5th Sep 2011, 17:46
Skyred1, I am afraid to say that what you said about Air Contractors is not true anymore.

You pay full Irish tax unless you live in Holland or UK, pay for your own travel to your base including hotels on a Sunday night, work 3 weeks, 1 week off and 5 guys transferred to the A300 this year will not be replaced. We have been told of the possibility of more cutbacks in the coming months. Crew moral is bad and most pilots are trying to escape, with some looking at jobs that would mean a pay cut. We are the poor relations when compared to the A300 and 737 crews when it comes to how we are treated. New employee's will probably be on short term contracts with no benefits. And you will be on FO under training salary until passing 500hrs on type (we fly 350-400hrs a year).

The ACL ATR fleet was a great place to work. We have a new fleet captain who is fantastic but unfortunately both hands are tied behind her back.

such a shame really :mad: