PDA

View Full Version : Vietnamese Licensing

airtids
9th Sep 2010, 19:52
Looking at doing some training with some pilots from the Vietnamese Navy, and have been told there is NO Vietnamese Civilian License these folks could convert to prior to arriving on our shores (would greatly facilitate the program!). Is this true? Can anyone currently flying in Vietnam confirm that all local pilots are flying on a military "wings" certification? Vietnam is an ICAO signatory, and I find it hard to believe there does not exist a civilian license.

Cheers.

airtids
13th Sep 2010, 15:50
Training for non-recreational purposes. Sorry, can't say which type. VFR only training, and yup, the language issue is currently one of my biggest concerns!!

I still can't believe that crews could fly an ICAO carrier on a military 'wings' certification...

airtids
19th Sep 2010, 20:22
You were asking about military pilots. Civil aviation is an entirely separate game.
I was aking about the ability for a military pilot to convert to a civilian license. Trying to play both games, so to speak!

All the pilots - Vietnamese or foreign - flying for Vietnam Airlines, Pacific Airlines, VASCO or the one privately owned business aircraft in Vietnam, all have Vietnam civil pilot licenses.
Beauty!! That right there answers my question, and if accurate solves a BIG problem.:D

"...I still can't believe..." is a very commonly heard expression uttered by many western folks in this part of the world, much the same as is a popular form of exercise.
I hear ya! Spent 2 months there previously, and figured that would do for a lifetime. Regardless of the location, however, overcoming :ugh: is a pretty useful skill in this biz!

Thanks for the help...
Tids

Slasher
20th Sep 2010, 15:32
Blindly_O. Whom ever you are, your remarks are not only wrong, but also rude

I agree with Pappy 100%. Viets were the nicest courteus
bunch I ever worked with when I was there.

PS - Pap this joker has only one post to his name. Probabley
some disgruntled VN reject Id say! :rolleyes: