PDA

View Full Version : DGCA Multi clarification

shon7
9th Sep 2010, 08:52
Need some clarification on the DGCA multi requirement.

If training in the US, do I need to-

1) Find a type of aircraft that is registered in India?
2) Need at least 10 hours in aircraft (or will simulator time count as well)
3) Need 3 TO Day and 3 TO night

any other requirements

This will be a multi endorsement on an FAA Commercial license with the hopes to convert it to a DGCA CPL in the future.

Thanks,

shon7
14th Sep 2010, 06:27
anyone have suggestions on this. googled it and came up with the fact that training in a Seminole is not recognize since type is not registered in India :ugh:.

Anyway, pls help with clarifications.

AviatorVette
14th Sep 2010, 06:44
You can either train on the BE-76 ( Beechcraft Duchess ) Or the PA-34 ( Piper Seneca ).. 20 hours minimum actual.

JoshiR
14th Sep 2010, 06:50
Even the DA-42 (Diamond Twinstar) is now recognized in India ! So another option for you...

shon7
14th Sep 2010, 07:10
wow thats expensive.
20 hours actual and can only do it on a Seneca or Duchess!

Thinking of writing to DGCA to see if they will accept sim-time or should I even bother? I ask because from what I know IGRUA uses a multi-sim for some instruction.

soaring.high
14th Sep 2010, 08:11
@shon7,
You have to log atleast 10 Hrs (Actual including checkride time) on a multi engine aircraft which is recognised by DGCA (Which are BE-76,PA-34 & DA-42) in order to get a multi engine endorcement on your Indian licence.You donot need to fly for 20 Hrs (Plz refer to conversion flow chart available on DGCA website).However the Indian operators ask for about 25 Hrs of multi time (Actual + Sim).Also you might want to get a Multi IR(shoot minimum of 2 approaches in a multi to get an IR on multi as per DGCA & thts wat you'll be asked to do in your FAA multi checkride).Seminol is a better aircraft (and also cheaper) compared ro Seneca but sadly DGCA doesnt RECOGINSE the aircraft !!!
Regards
S.H