PDA

View Full Version : Job Prospects for Fresh CPL in 2015-2018

Zodek
9th Sep 2010, 03:50
Will the Air Line Industry be at peak during that period? now it is slowly recovering, but the problem is ....economic slowdown is like once every 10 years...something will happen one...lol!

so what do you guys think? i will probably be talking CPL in 2015 around there...

hsuman
9th Sep 2010, 06:03
I think that would be anyones guess! Maybe not the answer your looking for? ;)

My feeling is that no matter how well you plan it, any period is hard for you to get a good job/dream job in flying. Even in the best of times, you still have to get through tests and interviews.

Life only comes once, if you can only start in 2015 that is the cards you are dealt with. I say go for it whenever you can, I'm doing my training now while working full time and when I graduate flight school, no matter where the cycle of the economic growth is, at least I have the credientials to approach people for a job. My take is with zero hours, your chances are only limited to cadetships which are either $$$$ or limited to people who are local to that country.

hollingworthp
9th Sep 2010, 06:23
Well the average cycle in the industry is approximately 7 years - so you could imagine things going tits up again somewhere around 2018.

But an average is just that - statistics. So the next terrorist attack, war, financial meltdown or any number of other major things could happen tomorrow or in 15 years.

Its pretty much impossible to say where things will be this time next year let along 5-8 years in the future.

Nearly There
9th Sep 2010, 09:46
Whilst I was doing my ground school, the back pages of Flight were bulging with jobs, as was FTN for instructors....by the time I finished the MCC the industry was entering the state its in now.

Who knows?

INNflight
10th Sep 2010, 16:43
People can barely plan for next week, so any forecast is pretty much useless.

I can highly recommend "The Black Swan" (google it) - an eye-opening read on probabilities in life.

Don't think about the market in 2018, think about the market as of now. There's no guarantees - ever - just educated guesses.